S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up fellas!! I need some help from u stereo gurus!! I have an all kenwood setup. I know. Sux. It was in the blaze when bought it. All mids,highs,amp,head unit, with the exception of sum hifonics subs. Anyway the unit is an old excelon( I think) 47x4. Anyway when say, bumping for bout 20 min or so with bass tweaked on low mids half and highs high my mids and highs start sounding like there fading out, buzzy, statiky, hard to explain but gets to where u can hardly hear them. Anyway u think it could be the unit getting over powered, hot,? If so new unit would be best? Let me know what u guys think. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Also, double check your system ground wire. I had a similar problem with my amps and it turned out that my ground was not as good as I thought it was. Relocated the ground to the frame of the car and it corrected the problem.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Check the impedence of your speakers. you may have a bad one or one that is going and the deck is going into a protect mode. However youd deck may say 47 x 4 that is max power a deck never puts out that much. look at the RMS power. its more like 15 x 4 or so.

·
working at 145bpm
1,025 Posts
in my experience, its usually the HU getting too hot internally.. you should probably go over your EQ and gains and properly set them.. you can turn your subs off and set your speakers by placing everything on the EQ to 0 and turning the HU up to where you'd normally "blast" it and then set your mids and highs from there, and then you can turn subs back on and turn the amp up from there..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts