S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Under Construction
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im in the process of putting a five link on my truck and im almost done but the bed for my truck is shit, it has hole in it and its warped like crazy. So my idea is to put bolt trailer fenders to my notch so it covers the tires. Then drill holes in a bumper I have to put the brake lights and turn lights in it. So does anyone from PA know if this is legal to do. Ive searched the PA laws but I havent found anything yet. Thanks guys. :cool:

·
User Registered
1,931 Posts
It's not illegal to drive with out your bed anywhere so long as you have the tires covered like the bed would do and the bumper and taillights are a given...

·
Waaaakkaaaa
5,221 Posts
no problem.

and get ready for all the questions

Is that nitro?

Does your car run off propane?

You mean you dont use gas just air?

haha

·
Under Construction
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no problem.

and get ready for all the questions

Is that nitro?

Does your car run off propane?

You mean you dont use gas just air?

haha
Haha ya my truck has been bagged before but it was a two link. I love the questions.

·
On Your Sh*t List!
588 Posts
(b) Other violations.--It is unlawful for any person to do any of the following:
(1) Willfully or intentionally remove (other than for purposes of repair and
replacement) or render inoperative, in whole or in part, any item of vehicle equipment which was
required to be installed at the time of manufacture or thereafter upon any vehicle, by any law,
rule, regulation or requirement of any officer or agency of the United States or of the
Commonwealth, if it is intended that the vehicle be operated upon the highways of this
Commonwealth unless the removal or alteration is specifically permitted by this title or by
regulations promulgated by the department.

Right From The Vehicle Code

http://www.dot3.state.pa.us/vehicle_code/index.shtml

chapter 41

so the ticket you would get would be for "Inspection Violation"

·
got wood?
2,137 Posts
also cutting the frame in pa is not legal and you would have in plane site that the frame had been modified. If a cop knows what hes looking and and is being an ass he could give you a ticket hell even tell you your truck is not safe in PA. Happend to a buddy of mine and hell he had a toneau cover on and everything and no his truck wasnt a hack actually a very clean 2nd gen.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Rule #1.
Dont be a dick to a cop if he pulls you over.
Rule #2.
Be ready to politely explain that you are working on your truck (they dont need to know WHAT you're doing), hell, tell him you're replacing your fuel pump but didnt have time to get the bed back on.

If you've got taillights and tags I dont see them bothering you. I'm not sure about the bumper thing, I rode around for 3 weeks with the bed off, no mud flaps with open tires and no bumper and never got pulled over. Even had 2 State Troopers follow me for 2-4 miles and then leave.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts