S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in a reg. cab S10? Please tell me someone has done it! If you have what amp are you using?

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
you can, but you'll lose some clicks, i think. you could alwas put it behind the passenger seat.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
blowthru..you could do alot with that.. :) or take out your passenger seat..lol let em ride in the back heh...bass is more important ;)

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
It can be done, but it will eat up your leg room. I put a MTX Blue Thunder Extreme 12 (basically an 8000) in my truck, but it wasn't worth the lost leg room to me. I then built a different box so it didn't eat up my seat travel, but I didn't like it too much. Coming up with 6 inches of mounting depth for a 12 is not an easy thing to do in a regular cab S-10.

Here was my second box I made for it. Kept the jack, kept most the leg room, was about 1.25ft^3 sealed. Was pretty loud, but like most S-10's, only with the windows down (I hate that........).

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
adam, i know what you mean about the windows down thing............. isn't that wierd as hell??

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
very nice enclosure..not loud with windows up eh? lol my SE's were pretty loud with the windows up.. :) just enough to hurt the ears..hehe

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
There's a bunch of different theories on why it's louder with the windows down, I believe in the cancelation one the most. With windows up and doors closed the sound waves reflect back and cancel with waves coming from the speaker. Open a door and these reflections don't occur, so it is louder. By the same token there should be a point where the waves actually amplify each other, making the same vehicle very loud at a higher frequency. In my old full size I mounted both subs as far to the passenger side as possible and after that the windows up/down thing was hardly noticable. It was a dramatic difference over when I had one on each side, same equipment and airspace.

·
Beaver-ologist
240 Posts
I find that too. Also, when I put my 1 12in RF sub behind my driver seat, it hit ALOT cleaner and sounded ALOT better to me than when it was behind my passeneger seat. Crazy truck. Also, if my sub is BLASTING inside the truck, you can barely hear it outside the truck. If I park in the garage and blast the sound, you can barely hear it outside 2 feet of the door, but the pictures rattle on the wall of my house. *Rolls Eyes*

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
lol must be the frog in my truck..heh :thumbup: nah i dunno..it got loud with the windows up..but yea certain hz got kinda funky sounding...outside was good tho..i scarred a people a couple of times lol...turned it up at the stop light..the i see them jump in side view of my eyes...depends what song tho.. oh and the cars with alarms hate me heh..
i run em hard..then about 3mins after i got out of the truck..my ears start to hurt like crazy..i noticed that i got a lil deff too.. *shrugs*

·
12,507 Posts
does keeping the windows up have any affect on how much air is moved? i remember someone said keeping the windows up restricted the amount of air the subs could actually push essentially putting the subs in a big, enclosed box and trying to play them.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
yea i heard that too..it probably is true..that or what Adam said about cancellation

·
12,507 Posts
hey 03, what was the ft^3 of your enclosure for your subs? i cant find a SE-specific box design on the site, so i was jut going to use the dual-setup box they have under TS Params.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
hehe my boobs have um..say ft^3 around 1 and 1.1 ..that alot for those subs..i kinda went over board.. SQ is very good, but could be better if i used the reconmend ft^3...im once again on the quest of makin a ported box for my boobs..i have Adam along side me..heh....
lemme know if u need anything..take care man

1 - 13 of 13 Posts