S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Okay so I have a 1991 Sonoma with a 2.5l iron Duke 5 speed. My issue is happening in 3 to 4th gear. It bogs down so I have to really step on it to get it going weird. The fuel filter,pump, air filter, cleaned the * outta the TB. Gaskets where good still didn't have to replace. When I'm at 65-70 it starts to put put like it's choking to much air I'm thinking???. Further inspection when I apply pressure to the back of my air filter on top of TB it revs up. Maybe the rubber seal between the TB and where the air filter sits in. (Please fix my knowledge if needed not sure with part names but I know how to diagnose a vehicle and replace and work on it). I noticed my vapor canister has alot of charcoal around it possible problem??. Still drives great love my little truck. Just bamboozled by what it could be a vacuum leak or something simple. Lmao I was off roading truck just died going up a hill ahhh lol. Thought it was fuel filter replaced it maybe pump no was brand new why would it be started up with started fluid. Fuel issues I thought was about to drop about 3 bills into her. Ended up only spending about 50cents on a fuse for the ecmb it was blow Idk how but I was stuck in the hills lol had to get chained towed out. No brakes down hill = pulled over for my brakes where smoking they thought my truck was on fire lmao. Ended up towing it home AAA style. Hahaha can someone explain why it was just a simple fuse that was causing that to happen. And what are the correct sizes for everything anyone have a diagram I'd appreciate the help

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did you take the cover off the Throttle body that is located on the side. It has 4 small screws? That is where the fuel pressure regulator is housed. That pressure regulator is made out of the same rubber as a water hose rubber ring gasket. That thing will do funny things on your top end, and way down low. It will require you to buy a gasket kit for your throttle body. You might try rock auto, not sure if they stock just the regulator or not, but AutoZone only has it in the gasket kit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you take the cover off the Throttle body that is located on the side. It has 4 small screws? That is where the fuel pressure regulator is housed. That pressure regulator is made out of the same rubber as a water hose rubber ring gasket. That thing will do funny things on your top end, and way down low. It will require you to buy a gasket kit for your throttle body. You might try rock auto, not sure if they stock just the regulator or not, but AutoZone only has it in the gasket kit.
So I took the TB all apart cleaned it spot less yes I did take that diafram I guess I would call it (unless that's only on carburetors) the gaskets where perfect even after I checked it again thinking it's dirty it wasn't still very clean. Now I took the pressure regulator off it looks fine to me still content good rubber. My local AutoZone actually Carry's 1 of everything for my truck super convenient. I noticed that all the fuses where 5 amps to low for the truck so I changed them out for 5 amps to high started to have better acceleration and starting better but still lose power for about 4 seconds 4 gear. She's climbs hills like no other though in 4th.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I took the TB all apart cleaned it spot less yes I did take that diafram I guess I would call it (unless that's only on carburetors) the gaskets where perfect even after I checked it again thinking it's dirty it wasn't still very clean. Now I took the pressure regulator off it looks fine to me still content good rubber. My local AutoZone actually Carry's 1 of everything for my truck super convenient. I noticed that all the fuses where 5 amps to low for the truck so I changed them out for 5 amps to high started to have better acceleration and starting better but still lose power for about 4 seconds 4 gear. She's climbs hills like no other though in 4th.
Note so she was stolen two nights ago 20 miles away she was found by a Riverside CA pd. Ran outta gas completely. She doesn't bogg anymore just loses power in 4th I don't know how maybe he who stole her fixed something hahahah

·
Registered
45 Posts
Note so she was stolen two nights ago 20 miles away she was found by a Riverside CA pd. Ran outta gas completely. She doesn't bogg anymore just loses power in 4th I don't know how maybe he who stole her fixed something hahahah
Glad all is well. Can top that though. Had a scooter stolen about 20 years ago. Found out from the PD that the person that had stolen it had hot wired it and been chased down a main highway by the NC Highway Patrol. Drove it through yards and here and there, flat back tire and all and still got away. It was found 2 days later abandoned.

You asked about your proper tire size. It used to be posted for a 92 s10 RWD was 195/75/14. I read also they had an 205/70/14 option. The latter is what my truck had, with the generic Rally style wheels with the plastic hubcap. I figure the 195 option was for a steel wheel with a hubcap.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad all is well. Can top that though. Had a scooter stolen about 20 years ago. Found out from the PD that the person that had stolen it had hot wired it and been chased down a main highway by the NC Highway Patrol. Drove it through yards and here and there, flat back tire and all and still got away. It was found 2 days later abandoned.

You asked about your proper tire size. It used to be posted for a 92 s10 RWD was 195/75/14. I read also they had an 205/70/14 option. The latter is what my truck had, with the generic Rally style wheels with the plastic hubcap. I figure the 195 option was for a steel wheel with a hubcap.
Hahahha nooooooo that's crazy Definitely ahha dam tweeekkkerss. And yes so mine has 15s on it right now but I'm going to throw some 30/10.5/15 lift it a bit more as well. Just having trouble finding a lift kit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts