S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
peace and big boobs to u
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been searching for an hour now, does anyone have a idea were the "how to" thread on grinding or cutting the center out of a iroc rim (16incher) to make it fit a 1st gen is? ive seen it, and its i need to check something out but now i cant find it. please help. thanks

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I did not realize you need to grind on Iroc wheels to get them to fit. I know for a fact the earlier Z28 five spokes bolt right on. I also know that you need to take off some material on second gen S truck wheels to get them to fit on first gens.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
mine fit perfectly, but only prob i had was the inside of the rim hitting the control arm, i added a 1/4 spacer and problem was gone..

·
peace and big boobs to u
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
youve probably got 4 rear rims thats why it hit the tie rod at least thats what ive read.

well i'll go ahead and try to mount them on the truck but i could have sworn ive seen were guys have had problems with the centers being to tight to fit over the hub and axel. the rims i got were on a 85 el camino

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Nope,IROC's fit perfectly,even the z28's from 82-92.
You just run R/F F/R on the S-Series,or all 4 fronts.

·
peace and big boobs to u
6,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well crap mine wouldnt go on they need some grinding, with the added bonus i discovered i need a pinion seal and a axel seal what a great day this is turning out to be

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Thats odd. If they were already on an 85 El Camino then thye should go on a S10. Do you just have some rust build up on the hubs

·
376ci LSX MCSS? Say what?
7,589 Posts
here are mine....i am aprox. lowered 2.5 inches upfront and i needed wheel spacers for mine since the tie rod grazed the inner rim and would not get past the wieght on the inside. I have like 7/32th wheel spacers on. But i would assume if i lowered the truck a bit more it would not need thespacers anymore. But anyways , heres the pics....

·
376ci LSX MCSS? Say what?
7,589 Posts
same ones i have, mine bolted right on. the zq8's and xtreme wheels were the only ones i thought you had to grind down.

what drop do you have upfront? I personally hate how mine is, the front wheel sticks out too much vs. the rear and i dont like running spacers anyways

1 - 15 of 15 Posts