S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have emailed you. I have called and left a message. I waited and called a week later and left another message. Please get back to me.
I just would like the rubber tie rod boot replaced. I've put maybe 100 miles on the new linkage kit, and this has happened.

I would just like a replacement boot so I can fix this. Please call or email me. Thanks.

·
Ford guy stuck w/ chebby
3,117 Posts
something you did or didn't do to cause this (I put no blame on you.. just wondering) did you grease these guys? Glad we have 1,000,000 mile warranty on em :D

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes they were greased. Wiped it all off so it would not get dirt/dust collected in it. I drove it get the alignment done and drove it to a friends and then home. They were never dropped or banged around or had anything done to them that would cause any damage to the rubber boot in my hands. I don't know if it was a defect or maybe it got bumped in shipping and that caused a small cut in the boot that just opened up after some use. I'm just looking to get a replacement. My dad was thinking about buying a linkage kit as well but if the customer service doesn't get stepped up a big amount he said he'll buy from someone else. At the very least a response would be nice.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yes they were greased. Wiped it all off so it would not get dirt/dust collected in it. I drove it get the alignment done and drove it to a friends and then home. They were never dropped or banged around or had anything done to them that would cause any damage to the rubber boot in my hands. I don't know if it was a defect or maybe it got bumped in shipping and that caused a small cut in the boot that just opened up after some use. I'm just looking to get a replacement. My dad was thinking about buying a linkage kit as well but if the customer service doesn't get stepped up a big amount he said he'll buy from someone else. At the very least a response would be nice.
Please send me an email and let me know if it's an inner or an outer.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Zack, received it today.

To anyone wondering what's up.
This a good company to work with. Not only did they send me a replacement dust boot, but they sent the inner tie rod as well,

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts