S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my 01 zr2 has had issues starting for a while. Initially, I changed the fuel filter, then the pump, then cap, rotor and wires. It still would not start. I inspected the fuel filter and one of the fuel lines I was forced replaced was flattened so I fixed the flattened line from my botched installation and it ran perfectly and started up first try for a few weeks. After a while, same issue wouldn't start up unless I give it gas. What I am thinking at this point is that when I replaced the line, the coating in the fuel line cracked off and maybe clogged the filter. I was able to blow out debris of the coating from the bending of the fuel line the first time replacing it and the second time replacing it. Do you think the debris from the coating that came off the inside of the line could clog a virtually brand new fuel filter to the point of a hard start? If not, I am open to suggestions.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,361 Posts
did you check the tank for crap when changing the pump- and it would not hurt to change filter again. Then do a pressure/bleed down check- if the regulator/check valve is dying, it will start hard.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,143 Posts
Check the sticky by Burned for fuel pressure check. It's in this section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts