S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i know this has been asked many times...but i always forget to remember...haha....

What did everyone use to paint interior trim pieces? ie. vents, trim around dash, piece behind door handles.....

Lookin to do this soon..need to change interior a bit...hehe

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
you need to get some "Krylon" primer, paint, and clear........take all the pieces off you wanna paint........sand them with some 330 sandpaper, just enoght to scuff them up a bit, then wash off with soap and water, let dry, primer like 2-3 coats, let dry, shoot the paint like 3-4 coats, I did 5 for the extra deep look, let dry, then hit the clear like 2-3 coats, let dry, then put your stuff back on........GOT ALL THAT???????:D :D

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
Hey Phil...what about Nail polish???? that stuff works wonders...:p

·
14,970 Posts
Psychobrick said:
Hey Phil...what about Nail polish???? that stuff works wonders...:p
yeah you should have some extra laying around.

oops sorry I wasn't supposed to say anything about thatwas I? :uhoh:

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TwiggSS said:

yeah you should have some extra laying around.

oops sorry I wasn't supposed to say anything about thatwas I? :uhoh:
nah, it's cool...i stole it out of your truck a few weeks ago anyways.....:p:p:p:p

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
ok well i'm in the middle of painting and i used the krylon fusion paint that worked pretty good. i used a 220 paper and then primed and sanded again till i got it smooth. then sprayed 6 lite coats of white on. and now i'm gonna shoot clear tmr. the fusion is made for plastic and it says no primer or sanding but i did cause it came out better than the pieces i didn't sand

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought an 88 S-10 Tahoe and the interior is pretty beat. Thanks for the tip on the Krylon paint. Can someone point me to a good place for aftermarket doorpanels and such?

Thanks!
(ps. It's really just going to be beater truck for a while but I do want to freshen up some.)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts