S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interior Painting

So, like many of you have, I'm going to detail parts of my Xtreme in red. I'm doing the air vents, the cubby around the door handles, the bowtie in the steering wheel, the sunken letters in the front air dam (the ones that say S-10 Xtreme) and any bowtie on the outside of the truck. So, what paints do I use and how? Thanks a bunch

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
on the interior, i just used regular primer and model car paint (the lil can of spray paint........for the bowtie on the center cap.......scuff it up a lil ......the tape it off........i then used silver spray paint to match the rest of the rim and touch up paint (can be anywhere lilk pepboys or wal-mart) with the brush to fill in the indented part......i haven't done the front plate yet.....i was think bout takin it off and having a decal place make one that would fit inside the indented part....hope this helps some......there are a few more pics on the my page

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
here are to pics of some color change paint i used on my interior.

and another with flamed gauges

it is kinda hard to see the paint... i have better pics posted here somewhere.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Painting the Defroster

I'm finishing up my red interior painting (which is turning out quite nicely). The only things left to do are the defroster, the air vents facing the doors and the rings around the dash speakers. I really don't want to take the whole front dash apart, which I think is what's necessary for those parts to come off, but what have you guys done to get those? I think I'm just going to use car touchup paint with a small brush. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
98 Posts
someone mentioned they painted the interior with spray can model paint....is it the little cans they sell at walmart?? did u sand or prime at all before u painted?

·
1,088 Posts
when i did 'em, i let cleaned 'em with rubbing alcohol......then used regular primer.....put a couple of light coats........then i used that paint you can get in walmart (the model car kind)......just do more thin coats instead of few heavy coats

·
Registered
98 Posts
ok thats what im gonna buy tomorrow then...but i need suggestions on the color..i have the tan interior..i was thinking either black or white...any suggestions?

·
Registered
98 Posts
ok thats what im gonna buy tomorrow then...but i need suggestions on the color..i have the tan interior..i was thinking either black or white...any suggestions?

·
1,088 Posts
i personally don't like white on the inside.......if it's between black or white i would do black.....but that's bout the only color i could think about on tan.....or maybe a dark blue.....what color is the exterior?

·
Registered
98 Posts
exterior is white....all the interior is tan....i hate it

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would go with a light blue or olympic blue with the tan interior. Ill post a few pics of my buddies after i take them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
well i ended up painting them a bright shiny blue, im very happy with the color, ill post some pics soon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts