S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. im having a problem with some interior lights. My dome light, two lamps under review mirror and the chime for when the door is open dont work. the lights wont come on even when the switch is turned on. ive switched bulbs and ive looked at all fuses. everything is good. any ideas? maybe the console is jacked? idk but i need lights! help

·
Registered
457 Posts
hey guys. im having a problem with some interior lights. My dome light, two lamps under review mirror and the chime for when the door is open dont work. the lights wont come on even when the switch is turned on. ive switched bulbs and ive looked at all fuses. everything is good. any ideas? maybe the console is jacked? idk but i need lights! help
Do they turn on when you turn on the interior light switch? Have you tried pushing the manual overide button that allows them to come on when you open the door?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the dome light does not turn on ever. override switch and with the dimmer switch doesnt turn it on either.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill look. the wiring is through the top of the cab though.

·
Wannabe Dragger
1,714 Posts
Yeah, I'd make sure that the fuse was alright. I had the exact same problem in my truck, but it was that fuse was blown. Turned out to be my glove box switch was messed up and shorting it out.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmm. what fuse though? i have a wiring diagram but its only the typical one. and its not fully the same as my car lol. i can change fuses but there all good.

·
Wannabe Dragger
1,714 Posts
I found out what fuse did what by looking in the owners manual. Near the back somewhere it gives a diagram of the fuses and labels them, then on the other page, I think, it tells what each one does. If you're 100% sure the fuse is fine, I'd think you have a bad switch for your headlights maybe, and it's thinking that the dome override button is always down or something.:dunno: Although that wouldn't explain the no chime issue.

EDIT: Thinking about it, you do know the chime doesn't come on unless the key is in, right? At least not on any of my 4 S-series... Maybe you do have a bad switch.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm idk i dont have a manual though. it didnt have it when i bought the truck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts