S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I would like to do something with my interior....it looks well stock like the rest of my truck for now.

I am going to be putting my money though to the exterior part next year and was wondering if you guys had any interior ideas that are cheap to do (you know just labor and cheap supplies). I have a 1990 s-10...stock buckets. dark grey interior. I see it is common to paint parts of the 2nd and 3rd generation trucks but does anyone have pics of a 1st gen with a painted interior? Like handles and parts of the interiors...vents, dash bezel etc.

I would basically like to see pics of 1st gen trucks.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
357 Posts
I did it, it's time consuming, but its easy and cheap. It looks great if you do it right. this is an excerpt from another one of my posts-
sand it all down to bare (plastic? metal? spam?) whatever it is, then go get a can of primer and your color of paint(I use ACE's Rust Stop because it has a fan spray nozzle and coats evenly) and the trick is to buy a can of clear or lacquer spray paint too. After a couple coats of primer and then paint, put on around 4 LIGHT coats of the clear - some clears arent too clear, so use discretion. It will please you having spent under $10 and it looks that good.

I will have some pics on monday or tues. - my digital camera is out of town with my old lady.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
if your center console between the buckets is like the 2000 models, a set of 6X9 speaker boxes will fit in there and look sweet if u paint the colors to match your truck, i did it to mine and everyone says it looks original cause noone else has done it that i know of.

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
Here's a couple shots of mine

I had the defrost covers and speaker grills made from aluminum. and I also painted some interior pieces as well... the shots below are before I took out the Probe GT buckets and reinstalled my factory buckets... the aluminum pics were back before I installed my shaved cowl panel.

·
ESSTEN Concepts Founder
465 Posts
Looks tight bro. I especially like how you continued the theme throughout instead of leaving the attention on the dash. I also thought about taking my cluster out and painting it white also. I remember when I replaced that unit before and how much of a pain it was lol. Lookin' good though..

later
Mike
EC Founder

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cluster Removal?

Hi,
I like the way those painted interiors on 1st gens look.

How do I remove my cluster? Does that whole thing come out as one piece?

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
357 Posts
only paint - but I restored the entire thing. It is now technically a 84,85,87,88,89,90,92, and 93 S-10 pickup, Blazer, Gmc jimmy, Typhoon, and Olds Bravada!
I painted the backs of the guages, the needles and all the paneling.

It only takes a bunch of primer (sticks better and looks smoother) , paint, clear gloss, masking tape, razor blades, and patience.

Yonkers - I would explain it, but it would be so much more beneficial for you to go to carparts.com or autozone and buy a chilton's manual. It explains everything, well, most everything.

·
Banned
7,683 Posts
Blazin said:
only paint - but I restored the entire thing. It is now technically a 84,85,87,88,89,90,92, and 93 S-10 pickup, Blazer, Gmc jimmy, Typhoon, and Olds Bravada!
I painted the backs of the guages, the needles and all the paneling.

It only takes a bunch of primer (sticks better and looks smoother) , paint, clear gloss, masking tape, razor blades, and patience.

Yonkers - I would explain it, but it would be so much more beneficial for you to go to carparts.com or autozone and buy a chilton's manual. It explains everything, well, most everything.
right on

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
did you take out the side vents to paint them? when i had my dash off they were nearly impossible to paint in the dash... what'd u do?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts