S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My interior is red with the normal black and gray stuff on the dash like all the 1st gens. I have read enough on here to know that swapping in some 60/40 buckets in place of my bench should not be too hard. Am I going to find many GM trucks in junkyards that have this red interior with a 60/40 bench seat? Also do you think that gray or black seats would look alright? :shrug: Seems to me that it will probably look kind of crappy with anything other than red. Thanks for all the opinions!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same interior color scheme and I ended up getting charcoal seats. They match the grey parts in the s-10 almost perfectly. They're from a Vette, so its still GM......if you stay GM and get black or gray they'll look good. Good luck, have fun,
Spence

·
Dirty Fingz
329 Posts
hey spenceman is it hard to put f-body seats in, do you know what is involved in it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Spence do you have pictures of your interior? That's great if it looks good I think I can find some 60/40's that are gray pretty easy.

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
1991_s10 said:
Hey Spence do you have pictures of your interior? That's great if it looks good I think I can find some 60/40's that are gray pretty easy.
my inter is grey. and seats are 60/40 heres a link

http://www.moving-violationz.com/dropin4.htm the pic is mostly a dash shot, but can still see the seats somewhat

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, just to correct what I said earlier, my seats are graphite....not charcoal. Charcoal woudl probably be too dark for the stens. Regarding the seat swap question, I used 88 Vette seats and they were kind of a pain to put in. It was worse because in the process I lifted my carpet on my passenger side and I was staring at my catalytic converter through a 4" rust hole. So after glassing the floorboards, the installation started. I took out the bench and dropped them in to find that they're not as small as you'd think they were. Anyway, the problems I ran into were space and the funny curves on the floor under the bench. Its hard to explain until you see it, but the floor of the truck is curved in a little design type thing, for strength reasons probably (rather than just being flat and bendable).....the only thing is that the design on one side is the inverse of the other side. So I had to mess with the seats to get them to sit level with each other. I had to drill all new holes to mount them; they are a totally different setup. I have a pic that shows them fairly well that i'll put up later and post a link to....AOL is ****ed right now (whats new?) and it won't let me do it. It'll be up by tonight or tomorrow though, just check back. If you have any more questions post or email me. Oh yeah, and speaking of these damn seats....I just went out to my truck half an hour ago do discover that I have a tear in them about an inch and a half long in the middle of the damn cushion on the passenger side! So that blows....if anyone knows how those leather fixing kits work and has used one, please let me know! Hope I helped....have fun,
Spence

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Spence .. thanks for getting those pictures too me .. .looks real good. I really like what you did with the door, my door has that fuzzy crap on it . .. yours looks cool. Also, I see that you matched the color of your carpet to the seats. I didn't think about that. That definitely makes that color seat look good in there. Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
No problem, glad I could help...thanks for the compliments. I'm not the first person to do the door pannels, but I needed sound other than my dash speakers and I saw embossed designs before that looked great...seemed like the right thing to do. I plan on fiberglassing the pannels and console this summer, if the test runs with fiberglass go well. By carpet, I have the black rubber floor, so i'm assuming you're talking about the material on the door pannels. But yeah, that came out quite well. If you have any questions on how to do any of that stuff, let me know and i'll help ya out. Have fun and good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts