S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2000 4x4 4.3 s10 ext cab on 31x10.5 tires
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am pulling the transmission and engine on my 2000 s10 ext cab 4x4 I have a stock (besides a little throttle body mod) 4.3 in it right now but it's coming out with the transmission so I can clean the engine, paint it, and relocate stuff in the engine bay ( like reservoirs and ecu) and generally clean everything up so it is nicer to work on. ( as well as rebuild the 4l60e that might later get swapped for a 700r4) On its way back in or very soon after I am planning to run a dual turbo setup, I was thinking t3's because of their size. I am planning to use stock exhaust manifolds and just swap sides (put the right manifold on the left side ect.) so that they would be sticking forwards and have the turbos up high, sticking out of the hood a little, like shakers. I believe if I put the o2 sensors before the turbos I can use the stock ecu and it will adjust accordingly (if I have to get a stand alone I will). Intake... This is where I really need to hopefully pick someone's brain a little, @turbo_v6 on Instagram used an aluminum intake manifold for an LS and cut part of it out so that it works on the 4.3, then just welded it back together. What LS intakes can I do this with? What do I do about injection? I don't think I can use spider injection (nor do I want to) and what about wiring for the injectors ect. This is my biggest stall right now. I also do plan to document/ write up everything and post it here (or possibly make a new thread) when I am finished. I am sure there are things that I am overseeing, guidance on those things would be nice. I will post some pictures of what he did, for reference.
Automotive tire Automotive design Screenshot Font Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Hood Gas Bumper Auto part
Wood Machine Engineering Machine tool Metal
Gas Auto part Electronic device Machine Differential
Self-propelled artillery Combat vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Military vehicle
Gas Wood Auto part Fastener Metal

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might consider a V6 marine intake.
I have, I believe they are cast iron, that's a heavy boi, kinda wanted it to look nicer too, I don't mind the fab work to use an ls or sbc (if possible) intake. my other option is to go with a carb, then I would ditch the ecu and basically build it like a turbo small block

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after further research, the manifold he used was for a sb with Vortec heads (basically what my engine is with the back 2 cylinders chopped off) there is no way I could use a ls intake even if I wanted to, because of coolant. coolant comes through the heads and through the intake. can someone confirm this, please? my best bet would be to do what he did or go with a marine manifold or carb

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Marine intake would be the least expensive route.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been reading up on boosted6's forums and have found a lot of useful information. Thank you Joe cool.
Yesterday I pulled all the wiring off the engine and transmission, and got rid of my overflow and washer fluid reservoir, I decided to mount the fuse box on the inside the driver's fender where the old reservoir was and I am relocating the ecu to the same spot on the passenger side, AND NOW I CAN FINALLY SEE MY INNER FENDER WELLS!!!!!!! Im happy with the relocation of my wires and stuff, I plan to get rid of my a/c but keep my heater so I am going to try to find an a/c delete heater box, and remove my a/c pump and components. I want to be able to see the valve covers when I am done...but the alternator covers the passenger valve cover...alot. being that I got rid of my overflow reservoir can I use a small block alternator bracket to bring the alt off to the side? as I am still a relatively new member here, I don't know if I should or should've started a new thread on the topic of my engine bay because I'm sure I will have more questions about that subject before I get to the turbos.
The turbos: depending on how my wallet is feeling will decide how long it will be before I get to that stage in the build. I figure it will be easier, later to install/ fab in the turbos if I get the engine bay uncluttered and clean/painted, now than later when I add them in. I am hoping to have the truck finished with the turbos by February and have the engine back in with the new trans by the end of next week.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
That intake is just as bad plus the bolt pattern is different.

build this
Gas Auto part Composite material Plastic Engineering

Reactions: Life is a Enigma

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
That intake is just as bad plus the bolt pattern is different.

build this
View attachment 367491
That...what is that? its beautiful, how was this masterpiece that you have blessed my eyes with constructed? lol
[edit] I image searched and got led back to the forum, I guess spestis made this manifold with an edelbrock 2114 intake and added a throttle body adapter and fuel rails

·
Registered
03 GMC Sonoma SLS & 04 Chevrolet Blazer Ls
1,156 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That...what is that? its beautiful, how was this masterpiece that you have blessed my eyes with constructed? lol
[edit] I image searched and got led back to the forum, I guess spestis made this manifold with an edelbrock 2114 intake and added a throttle body adapter and fuel rails, might wind up going this route now, thank you

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Edelbrock intake
Fabricated fuel rails
Custom 4 barrel to mpfi throttle body
Minimum 24lb inj
Etc.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
The hardest part of this type of intake is the time it takes to have it dynotuned to properly run on your 4.3. They generally require timing adjustments throughout the PowerBar and decent tuner can have this done in a half hour

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The hardest part of this type of intake is the time it takes to have it dynotuned to properly run on your 4.3. They generally require timing adjustments throughout the PowerBar and a decent tuner can have this done in a half hour
I probably will wind up going with either this style or the marine intake, and after it's done I'll have to have it dyno tuned, I kinda would have to get it dyno tuned regardless to really get everything to work in harmony. sending my ecu out to get tuned or putting in a premade tune wouldn't be the same I believe

·
Registered
123 Posts
Throw a couple ideas out there as obviously you are willing to fab. Just ideas dont know if they are good or bad. Use the Syclone intake and mod it for modern injectors if needed. And same goes for CPI intake. Both would most likely need the throttle body mount replaced or modified.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Throw a couple ideas out there as obviously you are willing to fab. Just ideas dont know if they are good or bad. Use the Syclone intake and mod it for modern injectors if needed. And same goes for CPI intake. Both would most likely need the throttle body mount replaced or modified.
I would love to use a sy/ty intake...I wish I could just go to pick an pull and get one today smh. the only way I know to obtain one would be from someone off the forum, as they rarely come up anywhere regardless

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Definitely much lighter than the marine intake, i would think??
Here is one that will do an LS throttle body.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-3848?rrec=true
looking at it, it shouldn't be too bad to fab up, I'm just taking a carb manifold and converting it to efi, right? that's the move then.
also the elbow that you linked to, is sick ill just throw that onto, then I will have to figure out throttle linkage, possibly fab something up?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts