1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Kramerica Industries
342 Posts
oops

·
I Am Canadian!
1,194 Posts
AEM Brute force or K&N FIPK would be the one's to go with both are pretty loud!!

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
i got my volant installed......and theres not really that much of a diff. b/t it and stock.

I can hear a whistling sound tho from it...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the imputs keep them comming

i want a loud intake because i people to hear me comming.
i have a volant installed right now but it only goes from the air flow senory to the filter and a just wasnted some suggestions

thanks

·
Registered
610 Posts
you want people to hear you coming? strap on a 40 series with a turn down son, they'll hear you alright!

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
nkss-10 said:

i want a loud intake because i people to hear me comming.

Just put some tin cans on a rope and drag them as you drive, you'll get more attention than anyone with just an intake does.

·
Registered
610 Posts
i hear the ractive is the best way to go, short of dropping $300 plus on an K&N

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anyone know where i possilbe can get just the pipe to replace the stock accordigine one. if i got this would it do anything to increase the sound.

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
no

and dont ya think theres a reason they put accordian there?

I mean, we all know car makers are always trying to cheap out, but accordian = more plastic = more money.

So why would they put accordian on?

I personally dont buy into all this "turbulent air and straightening" air crap.
Its a 1.5ft piece of pipe. There cant be that freaking much turbulence in there

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
they put the convoluted rubber shit because the engine moves and the frame doesnt. My intake isnt bolted to the body or frame so it doesnt matter to me. Also, if you get something like a K&N the rubber joints are made to absorb a little movement. And that IS more expensive. The other thing is carmakers want the air to be turbulent, it helps mixing. Doesnt help power, but it makes for smooth clean running.

·
Registered
610 Posts
the reason its an accordian type shape thing, is so that its flexible and easier to move around with out removing the entire intake...my 2 cents

1 - 20 of 33 Posts