S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Essten Concepts Ch. 5 Crazy Mug
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have tips on puttin on an APC intake for a 2.2 liter?? i have a 95 gmc sonoma. just wonderin. i am plannin on puttin it on sat.

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
:drinkhaha
if you have a/c, it will bolt to the top of the compreser, im not sure about if you dont, im looking to get one also, and im not sure where it bolts to, when i find out i'll let you know, or if you find out let me know

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Woa. Here I thot you were trying to do a new ricer thing.. Put a tip on your intake :D I was gettin worried. Exhaust tips are one thing... but an intake tip thats crazy.:D

K

·
0 Posts
I have the APC Intake and it works well...welds that hold the brackets and braces on are a little weak...but is all good...one of the braces mounts to the A/C compressor and the other brace mounts to the A/C Accumalator. Sooo..it is a fairly easy install...let me know how it goes

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
I have an APC filter on my '99. It was really easy to install. Without A/C it will mount on a bolt that holds your fan shroud on. Take a look at my site, you'll notice in the pic of my filter that I made a bracket to help support it(instead of mounting to A/C). I would recommened doing it to because it will add support to the intake, cause as said by someone else, the welds are not that strong. Hope everything goes well 4 you.

·
Essten Concepts Ch. 5 Crazy Mug
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
improvement

well, i couldnt wait so i put my intake in on fri. i can tell a diff. in my power, and the sound of my exhaust. the most improvement comes in 4th gear, that i noticed. i still have to mount it securely. i have a/c.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts