S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'87 S-10 Blazer 2.8 V6

After at least 10 years of dripping oil and 5 years of driving with an obviously oil soaked clutch, I take it apart . . expecting a shot rear main seal . . . but no . . .

The rear main's fine - the oil is coming from above - the top of the bell housing is filthy with oil. . . .

My guess is the intake manifold . . . but I'd thought I'd ask before taking it apart . . as that looks like a worse job than what I just completed under the truck!

I apologize if this has been addressed before - I'm a forum newbie looking for HELP

Thanks!

·
life begins @ 20 psi
672 Posts
Double check your valve covers, they will most likely be the culprit.

Mike

·
ATELOPHOBIC President
118 Posts
valve covers

i would guess its the valve covers too
thats where mine leaks from.I have the i think i paid like $12.50 canadian at napa for them and they are rubber gaskets as well. I just need time to put them in

·
Registered
152 Posts
check the distrib

If the 'O' ring goes on the Distrib shaft, it floods the top of the bellhousing. The valve covers could leak enough to fry a clutch also!
:boom:

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Re: check the distrib

wis bang said:
If the 'O' ring goes on the Distrib shaft, it floods the top of the bellhousing. The valve covers could leak enough to fry a clutch also!
:boom:

I second this had the same happen on mine. but didnt have a clutch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU . . . .

I really appreciate your leads - I haven't dug into it any further, but I'd guess the distributor based on the looks of things . .

Again thanks again . . forums like this are one of the best things about the 'net. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts