S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
killin em softly
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 00 X with the 4.3. I have read that the K&N and Volant intake are the best to buy, however I dont have that much money to spend right now. So my question is, are any of the other intakes worth buying right now or should I just hold out and get the Volant or K&N? I can a good deal on an AirRaid right now, or I can make my own short ram intake. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
well i have a 2.2 and i am all for my K&N that i got, my buddy who has a 4.3 has an AirRaid hooked up to his and he said he really likes it, and it did give him some noticeable gains..........I would say my top choices for an intake on your engine would be K&N, Volant, and AirRaid.............all three are very good................personally i would hold out till u can get a K&N or Volant

·
Vancity's Finest
31 Posts
I am thinking about getting the K&N as well, I have been holding off for a while...for those of you that have the intakes, what type of gains should I expect? KN's claims seem to be a bit high...

·
Blue and Silver Xtreme
686 Posts
yea i was going to buy the k&n until i found the araid for 150. your engine sounds a lot deeper when driving, also i have noticed a little bit more power. I would go with airaid i love mine, and it is about 100 bucks cheaper. also it was very easy to install only took like 10 minutes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts