S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 97 and when it gets bagged i wanna clean up the engine compartment as much as possible. I wanna get rid of all the stock intake and get something decent. Can anyone help me out with names, or sites, links? Thanks

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
search either on here or the internet in general, you'll find tons of names and pictures to accompany them with.

Caleb

·
Registered
235 Posts
were can i find a chromeintake for a 00 2.2

·
UAH By-product
1,092 Posts
im gonna go ahead and splurge to get the K&N after christmas. from what i've heard it just bolts right up, even the heat shield. I'm "mechanic" impaired, so the easier the better. Plus its just K&N quality.

BTW: you can get K&N anywhere. Even Cabela's has them listed in their magazines. The things are everywhere. Get a mini-truckin mag. they will have a shitload of ads in them...which include links.

Brad

·
Nagaremono
144 Posts
ya, i just got my k&N, i like it, plus when you shut off the engine it goes, *pshhh*, it sounds cool. :) I also got the gibson exhaust, both took me and my dad about 3-4 hrs. while putting clear corners on in between both assignments. The two parts make the truck sound real nice too. I'm looking to just get headers and a chip next, and saving up to get a '91 Nissan 240sx. ;-)

·
Ex Minitrucker
1,072 Posts
how does the K&N sound?

·
SNAUSBERRIES!!!!
194 Posts
damn right k&n's are everywhere, they were designed for the apache helicopter during desert storm.

Anyway, i know that sound your talkin bout, my stepdad has a k&n intake on his 94 trans am and it makes this ;low hissing sound at idle, roars at WOT (cant do this for long cus youll run out of road), and when you turn it off it makes the "pshhh" sound too.

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
I run the STS intake on mine. The gains are about the same as K&N for cheaper. It sounds good too. It also comes with a K&N cone. My engine bay was very dirty in this pic but you get the idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts