S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I just got a '94 S-10 (4.3L, V6 Auto) and I am trying to find an intake for my specific truck. All the sites and magazines I've searched through does not have an intake for a '94 S-10; I've only seen intakes for '96+ w/ a 4.3L V6. Will these intakes work for my '94? If not, are there any intakes out there on the market for '94s? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
i depends is you 4.3 Cpi or TBI.
If its CPI i not for sure i think they will fit i'm just not sure about the map sensor

It it tbi like mind you can find them at airaid or summit or jeg

it you have to just go the muffler shop and have them custom bend a piece of of exhaust pipe for you and just drill a hole for the map sensor and get a K$N cone filter and clamp to the end of it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay. I went out to my truck and found out that it is a TBI. However, K&N only manufactures intakes for the '94 4.3L CBI.

I then checked APC's website and they have intakes for my truck but they don't specify whether they're for the TBI or CBI; they only say w/ A/C or w/o A/C.

Airaid's site tells me that they have intakes only for 96+.
What's up with this? Can anyone clarify these specs from Airaid and APC? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The do make make Kits for our TBI trucks
i have tbi but i just use a round open element
you can use the same intake kit for any gm tbi unit from 2.8 to 454.
i'll see if i can find the part number for you otay

·
Registered
17 Posts
K&N 88-94 V6 TBI 57-3028
this is a round same thing as i got except i had to make mine because i got a dual instead of a single like you probly have and from K&N it like 92 bucks for the round, You can save yourself some money and just go down to Auto Zone or what ever parts store you have and buy a Chrome air cleaner box and a stock replace K&N and come out for about 50 bucks or so

but if you want to do that i would ask for one thats is at least 3 inchs tall instead of 2 3/4 because i know of some free mods you can do and get a little more power but it requires the extra 1/4 inch you might have to go to a 14 inch cleaner instead of a 10 inch like mind but that cool because it a taller and bigger filter lets more volume of air thus more power .

i know i've seen the tube type for tbi engines though i've seen on 350s and 454s tbi motors and they are exactly the same as TBI unit our 4.3s use, I'll keep looking

1 - 6 of 6 Posts