S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at truckperformance.com and could only find intakes for the 4.3l. I have a 2001 2.2, do they make intakes for those? Also, what's the real scoop on JET chips? Do they harm your engine? There is stage 1 and stage 2, in order to put stage 2 on, does stage 1 have to be there first? I'm sick of having no power, i figured these were the 2 quickest easiest cheapest ways to gain extra horsepower....is there something else?

·
For Sale
190 Posts
volant makes an intake for the 2.2 and you can get a stage 2 jett chip that wont hurt the truck only make it better.... umm cost on both are up there but well worth the money... esp. when other 2.2'ers are stuck behind you :rolleyes:

·
Entoxicated Hoodlum
105 Posts
Sporttruck Specialites also makes an intake. I have that along with the Jetchip stage 2....got the chip off ebay, brand new. $65 bucks. Do some shopping! It mught cost a little time but you can save some loot. Threw on a borla Exhaust, and it makes that lil 2.2 feel kinda good!! Sporttruck takes a hella long time to get the stuff to you, but I feel its worth it. CHeack them out they make everything for the 2.2
www.sportruckspecialties.com
good luck......:thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think I saw a K&N intake in the latest Jeg's for the newer 2.2's and APC also has one for your model year on their web site. There's also a model from Jet that was tested recently in one of the magazines. Hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts