S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and just purchased a 1984 standard cab s-10 with a 350 and was curious what you v-8 guys did for insurance? My truck was originally a 4 cyl and isn't worth much to the insurance companies regarding a wreck but is show quality. Thanks for any input ladies and gent's!

Tony:thumbup:

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i had an old dodge shelby charger and it had an aftermarket turbo but i still filed it as a reg 4 cylinder dunno maybe you can get rot rod tags and get a break there

·
32,797 Posts
Get liability insurance with one company. Use the original VIN # for the truck and say its stock, they won't even need to see the truck since their not insuring it. This will get you cheap liability payments.

Then go to another company and insure the vehicle with the extras that you want insured, and insure it as a weekend or show vehicle. They'll apraise it and insure it for that amount.

Now the two prices separately should be less then one combo payment because according to the insurance companies, you're not drive a V8 show truck on a daily basis.

·
Registered
128 Posts
We had our 1985 S-10 with a 327 registered as a 4 cylinder because that is what the VIN number showed. Never had any problems with it. If you tell them you have a V-8 they will consider it as a sports car like a Corvette and charge you a ton for insurance. Just don't drive like a dumba** and you won't have to worry about the insurance.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
and if you do get into an accident i found that playing dumb and ignorant always is a good tactic :dunno:

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
most adjusters dont really give a crap,...if the accident is your fault on the other hand they'd do anything to get out of it......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts