S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One image shows two screws, the one on the left (7MM) is for the lower panel and is longer then the one on the right which goes to
the instrument cluster (there are four that hold the bezel in place and one that goes at the top of the bezel (see picture)

Where is a good source for both these size screws and is there a P/N for them? I am missing one panel screw and one instrument cluster
screw. I would like to locate an online source to buy them but having difficulty locating them.

Other then them both 7MM screws, what are the lengths and thread size?

Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
I found them on eBay by searching "GM Truck Black Trim Screws" numerous listings then, different styles and sizes.

Alternatively, if you've got any junkyards near you, you can easily take a stroll through and round up a pocket full of assorted screws. The same screws are used on near every GM

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you want to buy new, I have found Au-ve-co to be the best starting point. Locate the appropriate hardware there and then Google search the part number. Sometimes Rock Auto has the items at really good prices. Purchasing a single screw, bolt, retainer, etc is often not cost effective, though, due to S&H. Often items cannot be purchased individually. BTW, IIRC, those are m4.2x1.41 SEM screws. The lower panel screws are mostly dog point. I believe the IP screw are A, B, or A/B point. I get those confused.

·
Been there Done it
11,461 Posts
Ever get that turn indicator fixed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My top bezel screws where black flat head Philips screws.

And all my other dash screws including the screws that held the instrument cluster where 7mm head screws.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ever get that turn indicator fixed?
Yes, it was a power supply in the cluster unit that was replaced. I had a repair shop fix it. The Power supply is a small circuit board with a chip or two on it and had to be soldered on. Now the indicator lights work fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My top bezel screws where black flat head Philips screws.

And all my other dash screws including the screws that held the instrument cluster where 7mm head screws.

The 7MM screws for the instrument cluster are size M4.1 - 1.41 x20 Body bolts. bought a couple for spares.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts