1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
94 Posts
I must be blind, I can't see the problem...

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Im guessing your talking about the angle on the balljoint. It dont look right not sure why spindles would do that though. You could get balljoint spacers or filp the balljoint

·
Registered
745 Posts
is that with or without weight on them? With weight on them the angle should improve.

Also you could put some ball joint spacers to help a little.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is the angle I was concerned with I will continue with the other side sense I had not installed a lift kit B4 just wanted to double check with some pros B4 I messed up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nismo ? on your avatar which scene is that jump from ? If it is from Smokey and the Bandit then it is the first car stunt one of the drivers I worked with done it when he was just 14 Stanton Barrett

·
Registered
274 Posts
here is a pic of my ball joint with weight on it, now i dont have the moog springs i still have stock springs on a 4.3 ext. cab

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts
I installed my Fabtec spindles and 5664 springs this is how it looks so I have stopped.

I double checked to make sure springs seated correctly they are. I know I will need to get Tk alined will that take care of this. Or do I have a problem.
the reason it's at that angle even after fact you flipped balljoint is because that's at FULL DROOP. You need to let truck down and it'll go back up which gets better angle.

However, even so, you might have more negative camber, which means few shims will need to be removed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for help, I was just wanting some expert info before I continued if I had a problem was going to correct before I went any futher. I will march on

·
Sure why not.
2,202 Posts
Were the springs installed or the lower balljoint bolted in when you took those pictures? It doesnt look like it?

Im not sure exactly where you stand but right now it doesnt look like your at a point where you could figure out if you have a problem yet or not but I dont think you will.

·
one bad bow tie
897 Posts
Nismo ? on your avatar which scene is that jump from ? If it is from Smokey and the Bandit then it is the first car stunt one of the drivers I worked with done it when he was just 14 Stanton Barrett
it is just a pic from the avatar section on here. but im pretty sure it is from the opening scene of the dukes of hazered.

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts
This is great reason NOT go go 3" lift coil because that how it will be. 2" lift coil will give you bit room but you still go full droop at steep angle but at least it won't be pressured heavily.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts