S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be installing a new billet bowtie soon. How do i get the old emblem off and put the new one on?

·
killin em softly
377 Posts
Pull out your grill and you should be able to get to the old one to take out a few nuts I believe. I havent done it but I have read on here how to do it. Once you pull your grill out, there should be two nuts or two of something holding the emblem in place. Your grill should just pull right out if you an xtreme. I'm sure someone will else post anything that I missed

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
it's alot easier to do if you just pull the grille all the way out....remove the headlights, disconnect all the bulbs from the head lights and the turn signals, and pull on one end of the grille, and it should pop out, then pull on the other end....you won't break it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The headlights don't come out with the grill, just the blinkers.
If look on the underside of your grille in several places you should see opening, these act as handles.
The grill will pull out (just be careful) then for each blinker bulb, the part that clips into the blinker lens should rotate once you press a certain tab, on the bulb assembly.
Once you have the grille off and the blinker bulbs out of the lens, you should see two nuts on the back, take those out and the bowtie comes out.
Sorry, I'm bad at instructions, kind of hard to explain in text.
I took the bowtie off of my truck, painted it black and reinstalled.
I think it looks really nice.
I just installed clear corners, I will have pics up soon.
Good luck,
-TheComputerGuy23

·
I used to be 00xdime
117 Posts
yeah if all else fells pull really hard and I promise it will come out. Thats what I did and I ended up on my a$$

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
Mine didn't even have any nuts on it, of course i found this out after i took the grille apart. It may just be double stick taped on there.

·
aka: cowhead
217 Posts
I would suggest some locktite on the new emblem threads....Mine worked its way lose after a while. I used some blue locktite the second go around and it has been as tight as dicks hat band ever since:D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, some of these prices are outrageous. Like 40 something bucks or so after shipping. This is a little ass billet piece for freakin sakes. Does anyone know where i could possible get i for cheaper besides ebay?

·
aka: cowhead
217 Posts
got mine on the forum in a group purchase, it was $20 shipped:D

·
Registered
664 Posts
it's worth the money, just like the clear corners. For a $100 or less, you can get both, and it makes the front end look a lot better, and cleaner, I did not like the way the yellow turn signals and the stock emblem looked , after I saw another xtreme with the billet emblem and clear corners, just my opinion...

·
Registered
664 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts