S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys i want to put one of those pop up/removable moonroofs in the ol' S-10 and i was gonna get one off of ebay and do it myself? Now im pretty good at install stuff. Ive bagged my truck (rear) and things like that. So would i be able to do this? Thanks.

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
allright jackass i was just wondering.. it seems pretty easy take measurements cut hole insert/seal moonroof. That seems to be the basics to me.

·
sold the dime :(
4,586 Posts
its not completey all that hard! just got to cut straight if u get my drift.. one **** up and u will get a leak! its not a simple as cut once and put the seal!

and remember

measure twice cut once!

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
to be safe when you mark where you wanna cut make a smaller 2nd cut line and cut the smaller mark first, then slowly grind towards the larger cut line. take small increments and work slow.

·
blahh
1,392 Posts
yeah be super careful or you'll never have a good day after it rains.

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what size should i get?

·
bolt-on back half
284 Posts
LowSlungDime said:
what size should i get?
check my truck in the sig. mines about 15"x32". i personally like the size and its whats recommended by webasto for s10s but some might think its too small. the only thing is if you do it yourself, you have to cut out a support brace on the roof, so make sure your cutter is up to par. but if your isnt electric, then go ahead and do it yourself. just cut smaller than what it says. however if its cheap on ebay, i wouldnt get it. afterall, you get what you pay for. i spent alot of money for mine, but it doesnt leak water, air, anything. it was worth the investment.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
the only reason i had it installed was because it wasent that much more than just buying it, and they offered a lifetime warrenty against leaking. But after this one, I would never pay for it to be installed again... they dident even take the headliner out before they cut the hole.

·
Likes MOAR Low
1,609 Posts
as long as they didnt cut THROUGH the headliner, they probably did that to keep from getting shavings all down in your truck interior

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
LowSlungDime said:
allright jackass i was just wondering.. it seems pretty easy take measurements cut hole insert/seal moonroof. That seems to be the basics to me.

sorry, couldn't resist.

i'd say go for it, it's just a hole that can always be filled

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
bmxatv10 said:
as long as they didnt cut THROUGH the headliner, they probably did that to keep from getting shavings all down in your truck interior
oh no, they dident take it out so they could cut through it all at once... i had metal shavings falling on my head for 2 weeks :rant:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
99SonomaHeavenS said:
i was thinkng about one but now idk, i dont want metal all over me
if you do it yourself, just make sure you take the headliner out and cut it seperate. if you have it done.... well just have a vacuum waiting at home.

·
crouchingS10hiddenVETTE
1,936 Posts
do it man if you mess up.. you can have a convertible... naw i have some extened cab windows.. i just cut about 8" around the window and all and i might weild that in in some fancy way so i have e small windows.. maby have it be part of a racing stripe

·
Likes MOAR Low
1,609 Posts
i was wantin to get one installed as well, dont wanna do it myself, they only shop here that does em only puts in 19 X 32 's do you guys think this would be a good size, i know its HUGE and thats ok, just didnt know if it would still shape to the roof very well, any opinions ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts