S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
harlem body kit has to go
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got these m3 mirrors today. they look really nice but im wondering how the hell do i get them on? they dont have bolts mounted to them like my stock mirrors do. instead they have holes in them and in the box there are gold and silver screws... anyone do this and can help me out? thanks

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also i got the ones with lighted blinker and ther have black, blue and white wires. im guessing the black is ground but what about the other two?

·
Old Man
260 Posts
If they are like the ones I got and totally HATE, I had to use the studs from the factory mirrors. The screws mine came with was to attach the base plate to the mirror. As for the wires, one is for ground (as you guessed) one is for power from (lights on) and the other is for power from (signal on) Which is which I have no idea because I lost the schematic. Just test, the signal power will make the LED's the brightest and regular power will make then less bright.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got some today. The schematic shows the blue wire connects to the parking lights, white to signal lights, black to ground.
It also shows some diodes and resistors. Do the diodes and resistors need to be wired in or are they already in the mirror?:dunno: :confused:

·
Old Man
260 Posts
already in the mirror, part of the little circuitry that holds the LED's. I had mine all apart to paint them, base clear Indigo Blue, after going through all that trouble, I bolted one on the drivers side, hated how it looked, took it off and put back the stock dumbo ears. :mad:

If anyone wants them $50 plus shipping, they are the full power kind.

·
xtremefour
1,805 Posts
i have the M3 mirrors on my truck. like WyldeXtreme said you have to use the bolts and the nuts from your factory mirrors. Just make sure that you don't tighten them down to hard. My friend overtorked his and the plasitc bent and the paint flaked off. I only painted the main mirror part on mine and left the other piece in black plastic.

Good luck

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think ill paint both peices at some point. wylde did you say you removed the light to paint it? how did you do that?

·
Old Man
260 Posts
wasn't easy, took the whole mirror apart, smoothed out the plastic ridges, then painted it. I spend like 6 hours on them :mad: and now I don't even want them because I don't like how they look on my truck. Personal preference only, many people thought it looked good.

·
Old Man
260 Posts
just carefully pull up on the mirror itself, it's only clipped in place (4 places). Then you will see 3 screws to remove the base, then 2 or 3 more to remove the light part. Be careful not to break the clip on the back of the mirror. Paint, then reassemble. Mine is done in blue as I mentioned already if anyone wants to buy them off me.

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wyld did you use any sort of tool to pull the mirror off? i 'm afraid im going to break it here...

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just so you know they are not apc they're made by KDC, who ever that is ( some japanese company)

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
did you take any photos with the mirrors on ? i'd like to see them. i was thinking since my truck is white the lights would not stick out so much. have you thought about maybe tinting the lens?

·
Old Man
260 Posts
Mine aren't APC either, they are KDC also. No special tools, just pull up on a corner and then keep working your way around. I think I have a picture of it...I'll look and if I do I'll post it. My LEDs are Blue, figured that would go great with a blue truck. I'll tell you one think...they are freaken bright.

·
Registered
911 Posts
hey wylde, do you have pics of your mirrors, im looking for a set, i might be interested, my truck is indigo blu so if you can get pics, that would be awsome, thanks mike

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh that looks cool man. should keep it. i thought since my truck is white the light wont stand out so much. how did you secure it to the door? did you take the threaded rods off the stock mirrors?

·
Old Man
260 Posts
I had completely installed it except for the wiring. You can see some wires in the pic, I had attached longer ends to test the lights. That worked pretty cool. I had removed the stud from my stock mirrors and everything. Then removed it and put everything back the way it was before (and puts the studs back on the stock mirrors).

·
I'm a huge ass
10,797 Posts
wow that look hott my brother i have an indigo x and i have the kdc or whatever mirrors as well and i figures they where jsut all glued together so i didnt paint mine cuz i couldnt paint them the way i wanted to so yeah mine are jsut black but it looks ifne cuz i have tint and stuff so its looks decent but id love to get them paitned but yeah nmine only cost like 60 shipped from x 3 racing or what not

·
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
can someone tell me where to run the wires to? i have wires in my door but i dont know what they are (power mirros maybe ?)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts