S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting a set of JBA or edelbrock headers. How long would it take, I'm relatively handy and i can read directions. Have all the major air tools and hand no lift though. Looks like i have to the steering shaft and multiple other things out to get to them. Oh it would be on a 2k1 blazer x

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Plan on an entire day. Took my brother & I 6 hours to do my '93. I installed a set of Edelbrock TES. They make a great setup that includes everything needed. My steering shaft didn't have to come out but the power steering pump did because it has a bracket that bolts onto the stock manifolds. Pull your tires off the front & go in through your inner fenders. Everything is right there.

·
canadacustoms
7 Posts
I installed a set of edelbrock headers on my 98 sonoma about a year ago and it wasnt the easiest of installs but is possible by anyone who is somewhat mechanically inclined

·
Registered
76 Posts
hey s10rz350, i also have a 99 4.3 and it is driving me nuts on what i should do... edelbrock headers wont fit on the 99(thats what they told me) so i think jba is the way 2 go... but my delema is should i get the headers or the y-pipe by slp??? with a gibson exhaust..

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Is it edelbrock that comes with the Y-Pipe? I'm not sure but I plan on replacing the Y-Pipe with the headers.. I already have a Hiflow cat and am currently using a Magnaflow muffler. If JBA's are the ones to get is there more than 1 type of JBA headers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts