S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
rice-R
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup, im about to get some drop leafs and i was wondering about my left side leaf..the bolt seems to be in the way with the gas tank so i was wondering how can i take off my leaf /install it?? maybe im jus not looking hard enuff but from what i see it looks like i may have to cut the bolt? is that good?? did anyone else have to drop their gastank to put their leaf on?? :bah: thanks and sorry if it dont seem like i know anything hehe:p

·
Registered
9 Posts
On my 96, I removed the nut, slid the bolt in far enough to cut the head off, and replaced it with a new metric bolt from the dealer, head facing out. I have heard that the bolt can be removed with loosening the tank strap bolts enough to slide it past. I also saw one article in a magazine that with a hoist and the leaf hanging straight down, they pulled the leaf toward the outside at the bottom enough to slip the bolt out. If you have access to a die grinder, I think cutting the head off is easiest.

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
I was going to cut the head off when I put the urethane bushings in, but I couldn't get a replacement bolt from the dealer so I got it out as far as it would go then I twisted the leaf with a ball joint seperator. then I put in in from the other side.
Make sure you can get a replacement if you are going to cut it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.