S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to go out and pick up my trans cooler, can anyone tell me how do you install one of these, ive never used one before, its for a 1998 2.2, thanks!

chevync

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey chevync, theres a manual that comes with it so dont worry. all you have to do is remove the grills and the right tail lights if you have to stick it in the front of the radiator theres mounting kits for those. be sure to check the box first before u take it. (the kragen store i got it from didnt come with it " "those bastards must have taken it") pull out the battery too.then cut the hose in half (make sure of the length first so u dont make a mistake from making the hose too short.) then install both hoses to the cooler line beside ur where the battery is (you will see it right away its the two fittings attached to the radiator.) follow the instructios on the manual so u dont clamp the hose on the wrong fitting. and ur set to go test drive it on the freeway. and youll know what im talking about...

·
Registered
27 Posts
um... the steps i gave youis for the B&M cooler so forget what i said... i dont know if hayden is the same. (probably) i think u might have have a hard time positioning it to the radiator. coz the fittings go on opposite sides just make sure ur hose is long enough

·
life begins @ 20 psi
672 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts