S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My K&N rep brought it over right before lunch, so I decided to tackle it over my hour-long lunch break. The install, though technically simple, was a bit of a *****. The heat shield doesn't fit so well to the radiator shroud, and I had to cut the rubber insulator to get it to fit around the contours at the top and the bottom of the heat shield. In all it took about 45 minutes to install, start to finish.

My subjective impression is that the power is a bit better across the powerband, especially the throttle response. The most noticable difference was in the engine noise. The motor is definately louder, but I'm not sure if I like it yet or not. It's definately not the powerful growl of my Camaro. It's more like an angry kitten.

If I had it to do over again I would have just gotten the replacement filter my rep was going to give me for free, but for $150 I'm not going to complain too much. At least it will perform much better when I get my Gibson and MSD DIS-2.

-Chris

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cool. I plan on getting one soon, but I will have some help from my dad so it should be a pretty quick job. With the addition of a chip I am hoping I will get a noticable difference in power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts