S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed a 3" body lift on my 91 gmc 4dr jimmy today, i'm gonna put a 2" superlift and 32's on it tomorrow. the body lift was alot easier than expected, a few people on here had me scared to try it myself, but it was easy as pie'. how much trimming do you guys think i'll need to keep these 32's from rubbin? i'll post pics as soo as i can find my usb cable.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i traded the 33's for ome mud king 32x11.50. i'll post some pics as soon as i get the usb cable

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm kind of interested in a 2" lift for my 94 Jimmy. What does it consist of? I just put my snowplow on and would like to beef up the suspension a bit.

·
FactorY RolliN
171 Posts
hey man i dont know if you guys read around this site.. but its not good to put susp. lifts on these truck without a SFA youll be replacing the CV axles i think their called in your IFS continuously
pretty much insult to injury

·
Post Whore?
2,864 Posts
91 Big Blue said:
hey man i dont know if you guys read around this site.. but its not good to put susp. lifts on these truck without a SFA youll be replacing the CV axles i think their called in your IFS continuously
if everyone knew how to do a sfa conversion prioperly, im sure they would. their are plenty of people who use ifs lifts out there and are happy with them.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm planning on doing a sfa in the near future, i just wanted to fit my 32's asap. what front axle do i need? i've heard that one out of a mid 80's cherokee would work good.

·
ZR2 member
1,899 Posts
91 Big Blue said:
Only if you use one that doesnt drop the whole front unit and keep the angles correct.Example the BDS 5" for the ZR2 does the drop this but the 2 " superlift one does not.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got my tires mounted today, it looks really tuff. it only rubs on the frame when you turn hard. i'm still going to put the 2" lift on, but my back has been killing me since i did the body lift and steering column. i'll get some pics posted when i get my new usb cable for my camera.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts