S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title states, I just got finished installing my E-fan in my '98 2.2L and now after starting her up the air bag light comes on and off when it feels like it. Never had a problem before the install, so I am not sure where to start.

I did notice one thing on the install. I took the ground off the passenger side frame rail so that I could ground my controller at that same spot. I then noticed that a ring terminal came off with the screw; but there was another ring terminal at the same spot. I had thought that it was one of those weird looking star washers that GM uses for grounding purposes. So my question is, is that the ground the air bag system uses? Also does that ground have two ring terminals or just one? Hopefully someone can help me figure this out, as I dont want that light from coming on and off.. Thanks

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thanks for the informative reply.. But I ended up finding the problem out this morning by looking at another S10 we have; and it was the ground from the battery to the frame.. Just put another ring terminal on it, and now everything is good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.