·
Huge Ideas, Tiny Wallet
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Huge Ideas, Tiny Wallet
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I received my Transgo shift kit Sat. which I ordered from Summit. I'll be installing it later this week. Guess what? I get to remove my Corvette servo kit to install an extra cushion spring and band adjust shims that came with the shift kit! So if you decide to install the Corvette servo and a shift kit do it all at the same time so you won't have to pull the servo kit twice. I will update you on any important developements when I install the shift kit. Happy Shifting!

·
Huge Ideas, Tiny Wallet
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just wanted to update everyone on my trans mods so far. I already installed the Corvette servo last week and yesterday I installed a Transgo shift kit which I purchased from Summit. Installing the shift kit is very involved but they include a video and written instructions. The video and written instructions are very thourough and if you follow the step by step you shouldn't have any problems. Now my shifts are definitely firmer. It'll bark the tires hitting second at half throttle and 2nd to 3rd shift is very firm now. The shift kit and corvette servo are definitely great mods if your trans is in good shape. Some things to keep in mind: I wouldn't call the shift kit an easy mod. It took me all day to install it. I also discovered that I had to drop the crossmember to get the pan out(at least on my 4wd 95 Blazer I did) You will definitely need a shop jack and 4 jack stands. You will also need a good pair of snap ring pliers. They need to have long skinny nose to get them into the hole to remove the snap ring(My snap ring pliers were too short and stubby to get the job done so I had to make some from a small pair of needle nose pliers) You will also need a good set of needle nose pliers along with various other hand tools to complete the job. Happy shifting!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts