S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. I'm looking for an cd player install kit to fit my 01 truck. The one I have now is from Wally World and makes my deck stick out like 2 inches. Does anyone know where I can get one that makes the deck flush?

·
The Beauty of All Wheel Drive
44 Posts
Not sure if they are the same or not, but in my Hombre I used a firebird kit. BTW, to flush mount the deck, you have to cut/break off the piece that supports the factory deck from behind.

John

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on guys, I know some of you have done this without having to glue the kit onto the dash.

S

·
0 Posts
I got my Spacer kit at Circut City. I did not need to cut the piece that supported the factory deck either. I could use it to support my aftermarket....one day Ill have is back open. Anyway....BB or CC should have the kit.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
If it was me i would look into the metra 99-3300 this kit it will inset so the front of the radio is flush with the front of the kit. You should be able to get it at a local best buy. or find one on ebay or something. Depending on the depth of your radio you may need to remove ou some of the plastic behind the radio to make space. I would usually grab it with a plyers and pull it.

·
00 S10
425 Posts
hahahahaha. hopefully this guy found what he needed. hes had plenty of time to look.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Probably has 2+ different vehicles by now...lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts