S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody near Hardinsburg (Owensboro, Bowling Green, Louisville, etc...) want to come help me out installing a alarm/remote start sometime this summer?

I want to get it installed before I put my wheels on later this summer but I don't want to have to pay a pro to do it and it would take me a while to do it by myself. I'm not completely helpless when it comes to this stuff(I installed all my audio stuff with my dad, pics can be found on here, everything soldered and heatshrunk), it would just go faster with the help from somebody with more experience. The alarm is a Crimestopper CS-2011.

I could drive up if it would help or you could come down because I have all the tools, clean and spacious garage etc...

If anyone decides they'll do it I can offer ya some cash money, a good meal if ya want it, and some ice cold beer.

Bladehines-I know you are qualified to this from your work with Scottie Johnson, you wouldn't be interested would ya?

·
dixie highway destroyer
4,418 Posts
dillon_b12 said:
Anybody near Hardinsburg (Owensboro, Bowling Green, Louisville, etc...) want to come help me out installing a alarm/remote start sometime this summer?

I want to get it installed before I put my wheels on later this summer but I don't want to have to pay a pro to do it and it would take me a while to do it by myself. I'm not completely helpless when it comes to this stuff(I installed all my audio stuff with my dad, pics can be found on here, everything soldered and heatshrunk), it would just go faster with the help from somebody with more experience. The alarm is a Crimestopper CS-2011.

I could drive up if it would help or you could come down because I have all the tools, clean and spacious garage etc...

If anyone decides they'll do it I can offer ya some cash money, a good meal if ya want it, and some ice cold beer.

Bladehines-I know you are qualified to this from your work with Scottie Johnson, you wouldn't be interested would ya?
never done a remote start, but i'd gladly help out. it can't be THAT hard.

·
Broken Handed Superman
6,283 Posts
xbrightsidex said:
never done a remote start, but i'd gladly help out. it can't be THAT hard.
we're here for moral support whe u screw his truck up :haha: but its honestly not that hard... just take ur time and prep ur harnesses.. and if u have questions... ASK THEM!

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He won't screw my truck up lol, I'm gonna be right there helping. You got any experience with alarms and such man?

·
dixie highway destroyer
4,418 Posts
dillon_b12 said:
He won't screw my truck up lol, I'm gonna be right there helping. You got any experience with alarms and such man?
i've only done 1 alarm ever. it was an avital that i put on honda back in high school. it wasn't that tough really. hardest part was taking aprt the dash to hide the brain, but in an s10, dash removal is no issue... i could probably rip mine out within an hour if i had to now.

seriously though. i do a lot of stereos. running wires doesn't scare me one bit. splicing, soldering, routing, etc etc are all amost 2nd nature to me now. plus, i'm sure it comes with at least basic instructions.

if you can't find someone else to do it, i'd be more than happy to help.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
There is no reason to take the entire dash out. Just be aware of passlock and any other thing you may need to do with it. Get a good brand alarm also. like DEI, AutoPage, Compuastar. Some of those cheap brands are even tough for a pro like me. I have been a pro installer for 7 years now and some of the cheap internet from china alarms I still cant figure out sometimes (well stuf like the programming). I will turn them down when they come to my store or else charge a lot more.

·
Registered
709 Posts
im down in hardinsburg all the time I put the alarm in my xblazer myself im pretty close to brightside let us know when if i can ill give ya a hand never done remote start though i think the hardest part would be bypassing the passlock

Jay

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I shouldn't have passlock should I? I drive a '94. PM me with you AIM or MSN name so I can get at ya when I'm ready to do this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts