S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This shot was taken from the cab towards the bed. You can see where the bags used to be...over the axle...now you can see where they are on the inside of the frame. Haven't tested the lift or ride yet, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
What is that a 2 link? Isn't the driveshaft gonna hit that thing from your evap?

·
Laid Out Daily Dragger
878 Posts
litlsean63 said:
the only problem i see is when you go to lift since the bags arent centered on the links its gonna try to twist your bushing like mad and its gonna ruin em
Yep had it happen to me on my first setup, tried to mount the bags to close to the cab to get more lift.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
He won't have too much of a problem because he has a two link. Twisting problem get severe on a 4 link with an offset bag.

Looks good dray

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now all I need to do is cut off where the bags used to be mounted and make some kind of crossmember going from notch to notch..Any ideas?

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
ideas on what? the crossmember? how creative do you wanna be? curvy and shit or what? I'd spell out "PIMP" with round tubing if it were me... but then again, that's just me :p

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cab said:
ideas on what? the crossmember? how creative do you wanna be? curvy and shit or what? I'd spell out "PIMP" with round tubing if it were me... but then again, that's just me :p
LOL...Maybe that's what I'll do...Any kind of cross member wont affect my side to side though, will it?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's the new setup...notice the fuel cell, and the new crossmember where the bags used to be over the axle. Haven't had a chance for myself to compare the lift and ride from the old setup to this new one, but I'm hoping for the best...

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Here you can see the new location for the bags...On the inside of the frame, connected to the lower bar and the frame.

Yes, It's close to the exhaust...but we're gonna deal with that tomorrow.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts