S-10 Forum banner

Inside The Air Zenith

4K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  DJDAudio 
#1 ·
Took my AZ apart today so I got a few pics.

I am working on a How too for working on your AZ and how to change mount angle like the Pic below. Also Anything you want to see let me know.

See less See more
#3 ·
slammed isuzu said:
you crazy son-of-a-bitch!!! I knew sooner or later I would seeing the inside of one of these things.....so what do you think??? Pretty solid in and out or what?

I have been inside allot of motors lol,

Does not look pretty but it is solid!

#5 ·
slammed isuzu said:
I know you love to take them apart and see what makes them tick. I would be lost, I dont have your knowledge of how things work, so to me its just a puzzle I would have a hell of a time with getting put pack together!!! lol

There are some tricks that make it soo much better,
That will be in the how too.

#8 ·
rgarjr said:
Wow finally, pics of the guts of the AZ motor. Thing is huge, no wonder it draws 35A. Are those magnets inside the motor can?

Yup Might I add Very strong ones lol.

#10 ·
bigjsp said:
nice work,

.............. but I hope I never have to see the inside of mine, LOL

lol I hear that

#11 ·
yo pull out the calipers and give me some dimmensions on thar thing: I want them in thousands ie: .001

laminations length and diameter, number of slots
individual wire, rough amount of wraps per section
number of bars on commutator.
Field diamater, and shell thickness

It looks like a beefed up 450. just a longer stack size. im not really impressed with the design. the outside construction is the only thing it has going for it.

#16 ·
BlueNoma SKVP said:
Me too, I seen someone on here did a detailed dimensional drawing of it, but I have been all over looking for it. Can anyone throw up a link and post # ?

Ha ha that was the one I did ;)

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
#21 ·
Lowsonoma03 said:
Ok Doug, why are my AZ's blowing 60A fuses each? well only one blew so far....

ok A few questions ;)

What size wire from your relay(s) to your batt.
Where is the fuse located.
One or 2 relays? and what model? make?
How old is the compressor that is blowing the fuse?
Does it blow right away or after running? if running what pressure?

Sorry for all the questions lol

#23 ·
x00 said:
whose payroll are you sucking up???? AZ????? lol

I am helping AZ now with part time Tech support so if you guys have any questions let me know :cool:

#25 ·
Northplayer13 said:
Damn thats not got that AZ is needing help on tech support.

I'm just leary of this thing yet because of all the problems that people have posted up on here. I'd love to get one, but if its gonna cause me and my fiance our only vehicle, I'll wait.
Those are the older ones. i have had mine for a while and it still works great. the only thing that went was the check valve which its a good idea to run a smc from the get go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.