S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my AZ apart today so I got a few pics.

I am working on a How too for working on your AZ and how to change mount angle like the Pic below. Also Anything you want to see let me know.

·
run and tell that
7,998 Posts
you crazy son-of-a-bitch!!! I knew sooner or later I would seeing the inside of one of these things.....so what do you think??? Pretty solid in and out or what?

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
slammed isuzu said:
you crazy son-of-a-bitch!!! I knew sooner or later I would seeing the inside of one of these things.....so what do you think??? Pretty solid in and out or what?

I have been inside allot of motors lol,

Does not look pretty but it is solid!

·
run and tell that
7,998 Posts
DJDAudio said:
I have been inside allot of motors lol,

Does not look pretty but it is solid!

I know you love to take them apart and see what makes them tick. I would be lost, I dont have your knowledge of how things work, so to me its just a puzzle I would have a hell of a time with getting put pack together!!! lol

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
slammed isuzu said:
I know you love to take them apart and see what makes them tick. I would be lost, I dont have your knowledge of how things work, so to me its just a puzzle I would have a hell of a time with getting put pack together!!! lol

There are some tricks that make it soo much better,
That will be in the how too.

·
run and tell that
7,998 Posts
DJDAudio said:
There are some tricks that make it soo much better,
That will be in the how too.

lol......from what I hear those are already a damn good compressor, but you got some tips on how to make it even better huh??? god damn you are a genious man......good thing you are on our side and not hte ricers!!!! :D

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rgarjr said:
Wow finally, pics of the guts of the AZ motor. Thing is huge, no wonder it draws 35A. Are those magnets inside the motor can?

Yup Might I add Very strong ones lol.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bigjsp said:
nice work,

.............. but I hope I never have to see the inside of mine, LOL

lol I hear that

·
Registered
687 Posts
yo pull out the calipers and give me some dimmensions on thar thing: I want them in thousands ie: .001

laminations length and diameter, number of slots
individual wire, rough amount of wraps per section
number of bars on commutator.
Field diamater, and shell thickness

It looks like a beefed up 450. just a longer stack size. im not really impressed with the design. the outside construction is the only thing it has going for it.

·
'Stevie Joe'
6,466 Posts
i took apart a comp once...it was a bitch putting the motor back in and making sure the brushes were outta the way....u know what i mean?

whats an easy way to do that?

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BlueNoma SKVP said:
Me too, I seen someone on here did a detailed dimensional drawing of it, but I have been all over looking for it. Can anyone throw up a link and post # ?

Ha ha that was the one I did ;)

·
growing up a bit..
5,182 Posts
nice job... guess that kinda voids the warranty :)

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts