S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
'Stevie Joe'
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I bought this truck brand new in 99 and it has been my daily driver since. I bagged it about a year ago. This truck runs and fuctions exactly as it should. It has INSANE REAR LIFT thanks to the custom built reverse four link.
thats badass!! but i think people talk bad about reverse 4 links....or am i wrong?

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
All of that lift has a negitive side effect. You actually lose weight capacity as you raise the mechanical advantage of the lift system. For instance: you loose 50% weight capacity with a 2:1 ratio. This truck as at least a 3:1 ratio, causing to loose 75% of its wieght capacity. Bad? in a way, if you tow. This also means that he must ride the truck at a higher pressure. For instance: My truck has a 2:1 ratio. My ride height is 2" off the ground at 35 PSI. At the same ride height, he might be riding greater than 45 PSI. So, while it does look crazy, its not the best use of an airspring to raise and lower the vehicle. As for the reverse 4 link, well I really don't feel like going into detail on that....

·
'Stevie Joe'
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but as far as the "disadvantages" u listed, i dont really see any problems....u dont normally bag a truck to tow or haul anything, and a few more pounds at ride height doesnt seem bad if u run a large tank...

think about the looks on a persons face if u parked like that somewhere:haha:

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
look how far back the wheel is, the driveshaft has to be about 1/4" from falling apart and dropping underneath it.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
AVTekk said:
look how far back the wheel is, the driveshaft has to be about 1/4" from falling apart and dropping underneath it.

it would be nice to actually have a pic of that... instead of from the outside

·
Registered
940 Posts
to get that much lift do u use massivly long link bars, or just set the bags further towards the piviot point?

·
run and tell that
7,998 Posts
I dontreally care about the disadvantages, all I know is looking at that is cool as shit!!! Its not my truck, so he can do as he pleases.........I just know that is some insanely high lift with air springs!!! Mad props to the builder.

·
many faces
361 Posts
yeah they are not good under hard brakeing thats what i hear and they pull your drive line out my friend has one on his and it gets crazy lift but he has ropes on his so it dont get to high adn pull the shaft out

·
(s)AINT
498 Posts
i actually want to use my truck to tow an open single car trailer (race car) and have the air ride to help with the towing capacity (my truck tows the trailer just fine now) and still be able to lay frame.

am i wrong with this thought? or should i give up on the idea of having bags and using it to tow my trailer.....

btw the car is a 96 gran prix, striped down, weight with me and 5 gallons of race gas is ~2400 lbs, trailer is a tandom axle, mostly aluminum frame and ramps with a fullsize truck toolbox in the front. balance of the car on the trailer is almost perfectly neutral ( i load the car on backwards), i can pick the tongue up and drop it on the ball fully loaded.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts