S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to the forum...rebuilding a 03 S10 ZR2 and I'm having a bit of an issue. Can't figure out if non-zr2 inner fenders / Wheel house will fit a ZR2. Conflicting info in parts catalogs online. Some specifically say w/o ZR2 on them, then I find the same part listed elsewhere as FOR ZR2. Anyway, hoping someone here can help me out? Rather not order a set and find out they aren't gonna fit.

Thanks!

·
Been there Done it
12,474 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Gm originally listed factory replacement inner fenders with 4 separate part numbers. The following two being specifically for the ZR2 (L&R). But lately I've seen the 15101799 and 15101800 inner fenders listed as fitting all trucks.
Even on the genuine GM sites like gmpartsgiant.com.
GM 15101799
This part fits the vehicle you selected:

2003 Chevrolet S10 4WD 6 Cyl 4.3L SCPI, 90 DEG
The vehicle options this part fits:
Fitting Vehicle Options: ST1(ZM6,ZQ8,ZW7,Z83,Z85,Z87), T1(ZR2)
I think the only way you're gonna find out is to buy them and try it. Or go to a junkyard and get a std truck inner and try it. Doubt the difference is much. Could be as minor a the location of an accessory hole. As the owner of a number of 4wd S10's including a ZR2 I seem to remember them as fitting to the outer fender the same. The reconfiguration for the flares is just above where the inner bolts to the outer. There could be some minor difference on the bottom inner edge because the frames are different. But since they use the same upper control arms I doubt it is much different.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.
Gm originally listed factory replacement inner fenders with 4 separate part numbers. The following two being specifically for the ZR2 (L&R). But lately I've seen the 15101799 and 15101800 inner fenders listed as fitting all trucks.
Even on the genuine GM sites like gmpartsgiant.com.

I think the only way you're gonna find out is to buy them and try it. Or go to a junkyard and get a std truck inner and try it. Doubt the difference is much. Could be as minor a the location of an accessory hole. As the owner of a number of 4wd S10's including a ZR2 I seem to remember them as fitting to the outer fender the same. The reconfiguration for the flares is just above where the inner bolts to the outer. There could be some minor difference on the bottom inner edge because the frames are different. But since they use the same upper control arms I doubt it is much different.
Thanks very much for the information. I agree....I was mostly concerned about them being way off. I can deal with little differences. I'll buy a set and give it a go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts