S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Air ride & Audio
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my truck is a 2002 2.2l. i installed a summit 10 gallon fuel cell with aluminum line and a walbro gsl392. it has a 60 psi operating pressure and i hooked it up to the original feed and return lines at the factory gas tank position. i hooked it up to constant power and let it prime up a few times and i know it has gas because gas is going back into the tank from the return but my truck wont start. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
did you use the intank pump or just the feedline and cage.i put on an inline month ago left the intank pump in the tank ran a seperate relay w/10ga.wire that was energized buy the intank power feed to coil on second relay.works great.

·
Air ride & Audio
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a fuel cell now. the oem tank is in the dump. i am trying to use just the inline pump

·
Currently Spoolin
1,448 Posts
You sure your pump isn't backwards? Sounds stupid I know but I somehow got mine confused when I first hooked everything up.

·
Air ride & Audio
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no the pump isnt backwards. whats the best way to test for pressure at the fuel rail without a gauge

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
you need to know how much psi you have at the rail because it needs a certain amount for it to even start and run

too low and it wont start.

mechanics fuel pressure guage isnt expensive, at auto zone etc. or borrow one from someone

·
Air ride & Audio
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i hope it has enough or that means the fuel pump i bought isnt working properly

·
Air ride & Audio
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i followed the install of the msd fuel pump and it says wire it to the big gray wire and ground and it came on and primed up then i unhooked it so i could permanently wire it up and now it wont come on. is there a fuse or something somewhere for it

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
what wire did you use for pump power'it's in the loom running along frame by the f/filter is that the location you picked for pump also.you really need to run a 10ga to that pump.that msd is plenty big enough.did you test for power w/key on and off.

·
Air ride & Audio
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i used the fat gray wire for power to the pump. it came on the first time i had it hooked up but when i hooked it back up it wont come on thats why im thinking i blew a fuse or something

·
Currently Spoolin
1,448 Posts
Check the relay, switch it with the horn relay in your fuse box under the hood.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
i agree with the switch also that gray wire is correct on wiring diagram.

·
Air ride & Audio
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok the wiring problem was the ecm b fuse so the pump primes up but the truck still wont start

1 - 20 of 25 Posts