S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I am to slow!!!!
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of V-8 injectors in a 4.3? If so how the hell does it work and is it an easy upgrade? if not what are good injectors and where should I go to get a good price, oh, and will I need a new fuel pump to go with and the run down on that? Thanx for any help what so ever.

·
2004 Blazer 2DR
26 Posts
I read somewhere on here that it would make the engine run rich, you would probably be better off either cleaning your injectors out or just installing new ones, you WILL notice a little difference:

smoother idling, acceleration, and miles per gallon

·
Got keyless door handles?
2,218 Posts
91S104WD said:
Has anyone heard of V-8 injectors in a 4.3? If so how the hell does it work and is it an easy upgrade? if not what are good injectors and where should I go to get a good price, oh, and will I need a new fuel pump to go with and the run down on that? Thanx for any help what so ever.
what year motor.... becauseif it's a newer vortec you could use the ones out of a 5.7 vortec... but why? same injectors 19/hr

·
Registered
25 Posts
XBLZR03 said:
what year motor.... becauseif it's a newer vortec you could use the ones out of a 5.7 vortec... but why? same injectors 19/hr
He is talking about TBI... Which only have two injectors for 4.3/5.0/5.7/7.4

·
yes, that is a v6
2,628 Posts
wllbndthrw said:
not worth the time or money all it does is make it run really rich
i ran 5.7 injectors on my 4.3 TBI and it ran fine. i'm sure it was a little rich but you sure couldnt tell, no smell or smoke from the pipe. no increase in performance either. i installed them a few days before i bolted on my supercharger just to see if they made a difference, they didnt

very easy to do. just disconnect the fuel lines, unbolt the injector pod assembley and swap. make sure not to damage the gasket

1 - 7 of 7 Posts