S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The injector on my 1986 chevy s10 2.5l is starting too much gas. I have replaced the icm, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, injector. And it’s still spraying to much fuel I haven’t checked the fuel pressure yet that’s next on my list. I’m stumped idk if the injector is pulsing I’ve hooked up a noid light to it but I don’t know if the light will pulse or does it just stay lit up? I need help lol

· Been there Done it
16,225 Posts
The flashing strobe like light freezes things visually so you can better see what the injector is doing. Look for a nice round spray with no dripping. Doesn't mess with the actual timing as long as you don't loosen the distributor. Which there is no need for.
When you say "is starting too much gas", is it running bad or is your MPG going downhill. Fuels lately have been getting more ethanol than they're supposed to. In some areas mileage is going to hell so the oil companies can make more profit. I've read southern Cali in particular is running over 15% when it's supposed to limited to 10%.

· Registered
88 s10 2.5L 5 speed TB
29 Posts
The injector on my 1986 chevy s10 2.5l is starting too much gas. I have replaced the icm, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, injector. And it’s still spraying to much fuel I haven’t checked the fuel pressure yet that’s next on my list. I’m stumped idk if the injector is pulsing I’ve hooked up a noid light to it but I don’t know if the light will pulse or does it just stay lit up? I need help lol

did you ever solve the issue ? And if so what was making the injector dump to much fuel into the throttle body?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts