S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for my turbo build on my 01 s10 im basically done with planning everything I just need to figure out the injector mods. I’m planning on running the stock spider injector and plan on buying some 39lb/hr injectors, pretty big upgrade from the 24 ones. Will they fit? Or would I need to get the 32lb ones, I heard for the 32 you have to push really hard for them to fit. I’m only doing this because I’ve heard that since the 01 models the egr will be a problem for the 2114 and marine intake. Also since I’m only running 8.5/8 psi would I need to match the injectors with a fuel pump? What are some good brands for the pumps for quality and price.

·
Registered
53 Posts
So for my turbo build on my 01 s10 im basically done with planning everything I just need to figure out the injector mods. I’m planning on running the stock spider injector and plan on buying some 39lb/hr injectors, pretty big upgrade from the 24 ones. Will they fit? Or would I need to get the 32lb ones, I heard for the 32 you have to push really hard for them to fit. I’m only doing this because I’ve heard that since the 01 models the egr will be a problem for the 2114 and marine intake. Also since I’m only running 8.5/8 psi would I need to match the injectors with a fuel pump? What are some good brands for the pumps for quality and price.
Don't buy TRE china junk...……

·
Registered
2000 2.2l sonoma Brand new motor
164 Posts
Hey i may be late, but a walbro 255 is generally pretty cheap and will definitely work, and for injectors i am running 42lb injectors.

Reactions: graphic dave

·
Registered
164 Posts
how did you get them to fit?
Mine slid right in, stock everything i just popped out the old ones and put the new one in. look for 42lb high impedance. Dont remember exactly what brand they are though. we installed them without taking off the intake manifold but i do not recommend doing that unless you cannot afford a new gasket for it. I will add, mine is a 2000 model non-flex fuel. The fuel rails may be different so i cant be 100% sure if they would fit on yours.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a 4.3 non flex fuel I believe, it should tell you if your engine is flex fuel or not right?

·
time to get cereal
3,541 Posts
Thatoneguylol is talking about a 4 banger for some reason... no 4.3 S10 ever came with flex fuel capability.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thatoneguylol is talking about a 4 banger for some reason... no 4.3 S10 ever came with flex fuel capability.
Honest question here, how am i supposed to tell he was talking about a 4.3?

·
Been there Done it
8,897 Posts
I suppose in this particular case you were expected know that since it has an injector Spider it has to be a 4.3.
But you are so right. Folks asking questions without telling what engine they have is the single biggest issue on this forum.
My favorite is on about the 10th post they'll say something about the fact is has been swapped to a V8 and even then don't say which of the 100 variations of a Chevy V8 they have.

·
time to get cereal
3,541 Posts
Yup I used my grand ol' powers of deduction and reasoning to remember that spider injection is something that 4 cylinders do not have, so 4.3L it is. Also, marine intake for a 2.2L, 2001 model with EGR? LOL.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well I’ll take that as a yes that 42lb injectors work for a 4.3 haha
Yeah, they are good for around 300-400 horsepower. Luckily for me i dont have to worry about maxing them out on the tutu, until i build it lol....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts