S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel violated

Well, ****ing robbers broke my door handle on the drivers side (outside) and jumped in, broke my dash surround in half, took the head unit, found the remote, took that, got in the glove box, found the faceplate and holder took that and left......

Why can people not have nice things?? THIS IS WHY!!

Caleb

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
****ing pricks, i feel for ya man, one of my buddys had his system stole from high school, in broad daylight, in a parking lot under surveilance, people are *******s sometimes, insurance gonna cover it?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, yes, they will cover it, but I am going to take some of the money from the headunit (620$) and spend it on shaving the door handles and buy a lesser head unit......

That way I look cool and they can't break into it like this again, they can bust glass, but not pop my lock....stupid ****ers

Caleb

·
Registered
10 Posts
That f****n sux dude. My truck got robbed too! Tuesday morning I got in my truck to go to work only to find a mess of my s**t inside. whats even more f'd up is that I have a stock radio and my radio trim was pulled away from the dash :wtf: Well hope it doesnt cost you too much to repair the damages.

Rick

·
XA FOUNDER!
40 Posts
check out the other post...

I posted a reply to this on s-seriesforum.com but I don't want to re-type that long ass novel. LOL... just check it out, could prove a smidge of help.
J

·
Registered
42 Posts
Man the sux, I hate to hear that from a fellow s-10 owner. Luckily mine hasn't been broke itno but it has been keyed. Im not exactly sure which would be worse but I still would hate either.

Again, sorry to hear that dude.

·
The Tool All The Pro's Use!!
303 Posts
someone needs to come out w/ a security system that releases cyanide gas in the cab or something...hell I'd pay money for something like that at the risk of my own death lol

·
XA FOUNDER!
40 Posts
can't happen...

That alarm would be cool, but in order to do that you would have to issue every single person an offensive weapons permit and training, unfortunately we don't have the resources to do that, that's why we really can't do anything. local cops sometimes will put cameras in cars and stuff, and they also have these little water proof radio transmitters now, they're really cool I was playing with on the other night, but they are directly linked to a radio adn they have made it able to tune out certain sounds like traffic and rain patter, but the second your car alarm goes off, or someone makes that faint pop noise with a slimjim in your door, it sends a radio signal back to a police radio that turns on and records the whole thing and traces if the vehichle gets stolen. so now we ask ourselfs why don't we manufacture this wonderful device for consumers and not just cops. well it's simple...
Funding.
it's almost 8,000 dollars for these rigs... sucks huh? but now they have the onstar system, that's a cool deal.
J

·
Registered
16 Posts
I once heard of someone hooking up a pair of taizers to his car that was armed with his alarm he said it will fry your system but bet better it fry your system and the bucker that tried to take it then him getting away with it

·
littleX10
70 Posts
Let me tell you a story which happened to me. I owned a 1986 Camaro Z28, before they had theft deterent ignition systems. And it was the wierdest experience to walk out in 1992 where my car was and no car. It was recovered the next morning missing my cassettes and having light driver door damage and broken steering column. Midway Chevrolet had it looking good as new in three days. But violated yes I did'nt say they could jimmy in break the column and start with the needlenose pliars which they left in the car. And also when I lived in Everett WA some little ***** punk scratched both sides of my 96 Sonoma. For us to own and work for things and little piss ants to scratch or get in them is a real life devastator. But pull yourself together you are still alive and a fan and owner of the best in the USA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts