S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I go about installing infinity 4 by 6's on my dash on a 2000 s10 Ex Cab. I know that the dept on one of the side is not enough for the kappas. How can i go about making them fit.

·
Can Yah Hear That China!
924 Posts
the ac duck iswhats in the way, heat it with a heat gun then push it down with a socket or something

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
And if you don't have a heat gun handy, you can always use a blow dryer and hold it there for a little while. It'll do the same job, cept slower.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have read about some people who grind their grill so that it will fit level or flush. What would be better. I can of like the idea of heating the ac duct and pushing it out of the way.

·
Registered
701 Posts
All i did was rip off the little ring that is on the speaker grill that sticks out about an inch..took a pair of pliers and it snapped off quite easily. Then there was a little cylinder thing that sticks up off the air duct that i broke off..and then they fit perfect.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
lol i agree with s00noma..lol..just break everything thats in the way .haha..jk

·
Registered
701 Posts
haha..it sounds like i just murdered my truck to get em in, but everything broke nicely :D and it looks clean..

·
"Xtreme.. . what's that?&
84 Posts
Yeah, it's really easy once you take the time figure out why that ring is on the bottom of the speaker grill. It's made and designed to rest up against the factory speaker. Since the Kappa's are a totally different shape, there is no use for the ring anymore.
Also, mine too were snug against the air duct, but they still fit nicely if you turn them a certain way. Just experiment and you'll figure it out. Good luck to ya!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yup...and you can even get em to fit in the factory screw holes :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts