S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought another 95' S-10 with 80,000 miles on it with the vortec 4.3 liter v-6. it gets 190 hp at stock. since then i bought pullies, intake,exhaust,chip,thermostat,lowered 4/6 with belltech,euro tails,street scene bumper cover,sir michaels roll pan, clear corners, and it got re-painted. so i have yeat again invested in another truck. the question is i want to to get an msd ignition upgrade, jba headers, platinum spark plugs, shift kit, and the venom 400 control module. are these mods worth it? which ones are and which ones aren't? anybody know anything about the venom control module? anything else you would do? much appreciated for reading this...thanks!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Forget the plugs and save yourself $20 from the difference from stock plugs to plats. I am currently waiting on Venom to respond to and e-mail I sent them. But for now as it stands from the info given, I would say its somewhat better than the module I have or programmers that are out there. Will keep you informed when they e-mail back details to me based on questions I gavethem.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
on the issue of changing plugs, i would have to disagree with 964pt3. i changed mine to Bosch Platnum +4's and i got better gas milage and better throttle response. i think that they were worth the investment.:thumbup:

·
Oops...Dropped it
204 Posts
I wouldn't worry about your ignition for now. I'd do my other mods first. Start off with intake and exhaust. Then I'd do the computer. I know Hypertech make a decent product. After that maybe a different cam, perhaps have a machine shop skim the deck to give you a little more compression. Then I'd do ignition. Maybe some port and polish work to the heads. Supercharger........I could go on and on. Just depends how fast you want to go, and how much you want to spend. Later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts