S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I blew the 2.2 in my s-Dime and am in need of another one, so anyone that knows of anyone selling a 2.2 for a good price please hit me up and let me know about it. My e-mail is [email protected] or you can hit me back on here.

·
Dead Project Truck
649 Posts
What year is yours. our engines are very year specific. Like the 94 and 95s are about the same, 96 and 97 are identical i think, and the 98 ups are even different.

·
Registered
697 Posts
heh, so since you're gonna be picky about what you're lookign for why dont you tell us what year you have and what year you're looking for? Mustard was just trying to help you and he even gave you a hell of a good deal and you're worried about the year of it. :thumbup: :rolleyes: :evilg:

·
Dead Project Truck
649 Posts
B'BallZ said:
heh, so since you're gonna be picky about what you're lookign for why dont you tell us what year you have and what year you're looking for? Mustard was just trying to help you and he even gave you a hell of a good deal and you're worried about the year of it. :thumbup: :rolleyes: :evilg:
What are you talking about? The guy asked for a 2.2 w/o telling us what year he wanted. I figured I would help him out by asking him to tell us what year 2.2 he is looking for, because the guy is going to be a little pissed when he buys a 94 2.2 and trys to stuff it into his 98 (years selected are strictly for example) and it wont run because of things like the older engines not having crank/cam sensors, etc.

·
Do I need a gas mask?!
5,780 Posts
check my post in the for sale forum... i want my whole drivetrain to be bought... around $250.

thats for engine, head, tranny, driveshaft, fuel injection, computer, assessories... read my post in the for sale forum under

"drivetrain for cheap"

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My truck is a 97. And trust me if the drive to Columbia, MO wasnt so far i would be there to help you pull it in a heart beat. Sorry i fogot to post the year.

rivbluenoma: You definitely seem to k now more about this than i do, what years will fit nicely into my 97 wihout having to change everything, just the 96, and 97?

·
UAH By-product
1,092 Posts
mustard_madman said:
you can have my whole drivetrain for $250 if you help me pull it. thats engine and components, tranny, and driveshaft. :)
Someone getting a v8 swap for christmas???

I dont think the 95 will go. Like he said, the 98+ are different. I reckon the 96 will go. 96-97.

Brad

·
Dead Project Truck
649 Posts
Ive got a 97, so Ive already looked into it. For our trucks all we can use is 96 or 97. On the good side, we can also source engines from 96 or 97 cavvys and sunfires. But mind you we cant use intake, exaust, and possibly the oil pan from the cavvys and sunfired. I wish we could use a 95 engine cuz Mustard is only 2 hours away from me and Id be all over that deal!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That would definitely be a good deal if it worked, and i was closer. Thanks for everyones help so far, my search for a 2.2 continues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts