S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys... here's my situation. Almost 2 years ago I picked up a workmans style 2000 S-10 Standard cab / Long bed 4.3L Vortec V6. I picked it up mostly because it was being used for business purposes. I know dont need to use it for the same reasons and have decided to PROBABLY fix it up. I started making some phone calls and spoke with a rep from Xenon.. he told me that NO ONE makes kits for that style of S-10. Now.. I'm sure I could always find someone who could customize a kit for me... but that sounds like too much work. Unfortunately.. I cant afford to make this my #1 priority.

Here are my questions for the pros...

-Do you know of any company(ies) that make(s) kits for that style of S-10 ?? So you know what I'm talking about... it's one of those work trucks that companies sometimes dispatch with their feildmen. They came with 'steelies'... hopefully that helps.

-Has anyone ever seen that same style S-10... fixed up ?? Any pictures ??

-Is this worth my time and effort... OR... do you recommend just cutting my loses and picking up another S-10 ?? I really like the feel and comfort of the Xtremes... and the 4.3L Vortec kicks ass.

-If I were to pick up an Xtreme... I like the 4.3L with the third door and short bed. What's a safe price on a low mileage used ??

-Do any specific years stick out ??

I'm sure I'll be back with more questions... but I wanted to say THANKS for the help, in advance. Thanks for the site !!

Any suggestions/ ideas are VERY appreciated.

·
What "Search&q uot ; Button?
223 Posts
Is the length of the bed the problem? I don't know exactly what "style" of s-dime you're talking about, but I would be farily easy (I would think) to just buy a shorter bed. Do you have any pictures?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are a few pics. Not the best pics, but you get the idea. Basic fleet S-10 pick-up. I needed a work truck at the time and it served me well. I want a more comfortable truck now. Will it be an uphill battle to try and fix this one up ? It has the Vortec 4.3L and is really light... moves real well. It regulated to only go 90 though. I need to change that $h!t, too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I'm primarily going for is comfort and style. I definetly appreciate the "ballz" of my dime, though. My homie has an Xtreme (stock) and I hurt him UPHILL and DOWNHILL. I'm not looking to get into racing... but it's cool knowing that I have a tough ride.

I dont want to get too sidetracked here. I'm basically looking for some feedback and what you guys think/ recommend. I'm new to this game and want to make sure I make the right decision here. I'm really leaning towards getting an Xtreme, since I've gotten nowhere so far with this S-10. I havent been able to get much out of anybody... except for the Xenon guy... and he told me that it was going to be a big hassle. You guys have your ear to the street on this... I'm looking to get "schooled". Thanks. Oh... and happy holidays.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know it's a long bed. The problem is that none of these companies seem to make stardard cab / long bed kits. BTW... it measured out to about 92/93 inches.

With the lack of answers I've received from people INCLUDING the guys who sold me the truck and the companies that make kits... I'm gonna dump this truck and get an Xtreme. I like the Sport look. Does the Sport have a 3rd door ?

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
yeah the xtreme is nothing different then the other trucks other then gfx kit and lowered suspension...so you'll get the 3rd door with an xtreme as long as you get the xcab obviously :D

·
gtfo now
1,610 Posts
mmm..personally, I don't like any of the body kits available for S10s, or really any other trucks. They are especially useless if you intend to lower your truck. In your case, THAT may be a waste, if you intend to use this workhorse for...erm...work! but if noet, and the look you're going for is less ground clearance (cause really that's what a body kit willl give you), then you can always pick up some lowering equipment from Belltech. Maybe a set of springs and spindles.

I looked around for a few months triying to find a decent body kit mysekf, but never found one I liked. My '99 4banger has the increased load suspension package for heavy lifting, so my rear actually has about a 1" lift on it, heh.

My trucks getting the special treatment...custom frame, independent suspension for the rear end. bags on all four corners...that sorta thing. I'll likely begin fabricating this summer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts