S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Get Low, Get Low!
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. As I said, I'm new here and hope to get alot out of the site. Anyways. Back in March of 05, I started looking for a vehicle to drive. My dad's uncle gave me an offer I couldn't refuse for his 1989 S-10 Blazer. Brought it home and did some body work to it over the summer. Now, I think it looks nice, but I'd like to drop it 2" front and 3" back, put it on 18's with some low-pro's. That's just for exterior, for power, I'm hoping I can drop a 5.6L V8 into this thing. If not, I'll be using the Tut on here to make me a CAI and then do some searching for TB spacers and other parts like that. Anyways, pic time:

Befor body work:

After my dad and I did some work on it (Maaco painted everyhting white, we did the rest :p ):

This is prob my fav pic. Dunno why though:

So, what do you guys think? By the way, did I mention I paid $1 for it? I've got around $1500-$2000 into it now. Just passed 170K miles and this thing still runs like a charm!

·
Get Low, Get Low!
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot a few things. It now has black seat covers with a red Chevy logo on them, a pedal kit (red and grey) and a new shift knob (black and red). I also have 2 12's on a Sony 1200W amp in the back.

·
WILL WORK FOR PARTS
1,006 Posts
get rid of the wheel thingies..other than that it's nice

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
looks good I just dont care for the running boards and fender flares but if you like them than it is great my first s-10 was an 89 2dr blazer like your same interior and everything lol I payed 400 abused the shit out of it for about 3yrs jumping it and all never had any problems and traded it in for 500 bux lol good luck with it it is a nice truck to start with

·
Get Low, Get Low!
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dropped94 said:
looks good I just dont care for the running boards and fender flares but if you like them than it is great my first s-10 was an 89 2dr blazer like your same interior and everything lol I payed 400 abused the shit out of it for about 3yrs jumping it and all never had any problems and traded it in for 500 bux lol good luck with it it is a nice truck to start with

I abuse this thing like hell as well.....I race it against anything I can. I've raced a few Srt's, an Ecplipse, a Lincoln Town car (LOL), and a bunch of other cars. That's why I want to drop a v8 in this, so I can actually win some of the races. I think my 2.8 V6 might keep up with my friend's 2.0 4 cyl Eclipse if it had abit more throttle response and torque through-out the whole RPM range. What should I go with, the V8, or mod this engine? modding this one will be alot easier, but the V8 should be pretty cheap and is in good condition. Don't know how to install it though (or if it'll even fit).

·
Get Low, Get Low!
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Abit more to add. I have carpet to put in it (grey), but haven't really found the time, and I've got RoadMaster speakers in the front dash (yes, they're crappy, but they're better than stock, and mine where free!)

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
RadRacer said:
I abuse this thing like hell as well.....I race it against anything I can. I've raced a few Srt's, an Ecplipse, a Lincoln Town car (LOL), and a bunch of other cars. That's why I want to drop a v8 in this, so I can actually win some of the races. I think my 2.8 V6 might keep up with my friend's 2.0 4 cyl Eclipse if it had abit more throttle response and torque through-out the whole RPM range. What should I go with, the V8, or mod this engine? modding this one will be alot easier, but the V8 should be pretty cheap and is in good condition. Don't know how to install it though (or if it'll even fit).

since you have the 2.8 you are better off with an engine swap check out the v8 section of the forum it will help you lots. I promise it will fit lol therer is a guy on the forum with a 454 in his first gen

·
many faces
361 Posts
lift it leeroy!!!! i tell you what.. we go wheelin!!!! looks good buddy

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
My 85 S-10 had those exact same kmart hubcaps when I bought it. I was 15 at the time. After I paid for the truck and had the title in hand, the first thing I did was pulled all 4 hubcaps off and left them on the ground where the truck was parked on the dealer's lot before I would even drive it home. My stepdad and the car salesman were both looking at me like I just pulled out a crack pipe and lit up lol. No offense was meant by this post, but those pics made me remember that :haha:

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
Take off the hubcaps and leave the black stock rims. O yea, a lose the side step, I'm DEF. not feelin' that thing... I personally think it'd look a lot better.

But its a reallll clean truck for a grand... Goodluck man and have fun.

·
Mcfly Minis inc
3,102 Posts
PureShooter15 said:
I think he meant a dollar...not a grand.

Truck looks great, but like the previous comments. Lose the hubcaps, and side step......flares can stay.

·
Registered Asshole
4,125 Posts
nice truck. nice to see a revived first gen. everyones gunna give their 2 cent on what you should do with it but do what you want with it. i say next mod would be some wheels. the hub caps do look better than rusty stock wheels but i wouldnt keep them for long. like you said get some 18s.

·
Get Low, Get Low!
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
PureShooter15 said:
Take off the hubcaps and leave the black stock rims. O yea, a lose the side step, I'm DEF. not feelin' that thing... I personally think it'd look a lot better.

I personally like the steps, but I may consider taking them off once I get it lowered and all. I'm not going as low as you guys have yours, I'm only doing a something like a 2/3 drop. I'm hoping my uncle will still have that V8 I wanted and help me install it. And yes, I don't like the hubcaps much either, but when your stock rims look like mine do, these are an upgrade. Like I said, I want some 18's, but every set I've found locally doesn't fit my truck. I did find one set that I liked, but the center hub on the rims was too small. I would have bout them if they fit. I've been doing some shopping, and can't really find much rims wise that I like. I'm looking for something like a 7 spoke chrome rim. Not big spokes, like racing style basically.

BTW- I did get it for $1, not $1000, but $1.

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
Looks good, but needs a drop and wheels. That with change the look BIG TIME.

As for a V8, yeah you can swap one in, no problem... well, I shouldn't say that, but yeah, it's posisble. The most common swap is for a small block 350 (5.7 liter) but anything from a 305 to a 406... any small block is a very do-able swap. People have done big blocks too, but that's a real pain in the ass. Just to give you a rough idea, you'll need a motor of course, also a transmission, some V8 swap motor mounts, a new radiator (normally 4.3L or corvette), V8 swap headers, and probably alot of other things I'm frogetting, but yeah, I'm just trying to give you a rough idea. Basic message: a V8 can be put in one of these trucks very easily, people do it all the time.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts